I paused for a moment, urgently taking off the shoes and carrying them as I sprinted for the garden's entrance.

"Whatever wicked plan Lila schemed into existence, this visit better be worthwhile in revealing some hints," I thought, running out the door and made a straight shot for the gazebo. Finally, I arrived and sat down on one of the four assigned seats out of breathe.

Of course, the table is set for the small gathering. A tray filled with different small finger foods and treats. A fancy Chinese tea set is perfectly placed along with the other necessities.

Basically, it's a tea party.

"Perfect timing," I said within my mind, hearing voices approaching. Mother and the two guests turned the corner of the hedge. Mother seemed pleased and very relieved seeing me.

"What a lovely setup, Lady Cheng," Lord Couffaine commented, a gentle smile adorning his lips. I held back an eye roll when my mother gave a flattering response. Lila didn't seem phased in the slightest and sat down on her seat.

"Now, shall we entertain the main reason of our arrival, Lady Cheng?" Lila questioned, gesturing for Luka and mother to join us. Once everyone is seated, I pursed my lips in wonder of what could possibly be so important for a surprise visit.

"Yes, we can now discuss plans for the wedding," mother agreed. My eyes slightly widened, not expecting this topic out of the many others.

"Wait, does not Lord Couffaine's inner circle family, especially his parents, have to be here as well to witness this discussion?" I questioned, earning a side-eyed look from mother and an amused expression from Lila.

"Unfortunately, everyone else is too busy. I on the other hand am completely free," Lila answered. I glared at her before mother barged into the conversation, "About those wedding plans..."

My ears are shown no mercy as mother and Lila bicker over planning my and Luka's wedding.

"Should not Luka and I be discussing this?" I thought, looking over at the quiet male, "Though, I certainly rather not plan a wedding with my fiancé with whom I am strangers with."

Luka glanced over at me and gave a reassuring smile. I'm taken back by this, seeing something like understanding in those blue eyes. Does he have no control over this situation either? I'm unsure if I'm reading his emotions correctly. So, I can't leap at the opportunity that someone else might actually be on the same page as me.

"How about you two go for a stroll around the garden and get to know each other better?" Mother suggested to Luka and me. My eyelids slightly expanded then a grimace formed on my face. I am somewhat shocked she'd let me go off with this man by ourselves, knowing fully of my past experiences with men (more like children).

"That sounds like a splendid idea, Lady Cheng," Luka said, voice steady and smooth like a peaceful river. Lila side-eyed her cousin before clapping her hands once in agreement, "A wonderful opportunity, indeed!"

I raised an eyebrow at Lady Rossi, perplexed by the quick change in her expression. It is as if she does not want us to go off together. I do not understand why that is since Luka and I will be living together after marriage.

Maybe, she assumes I will argue against going off with Luka? I felt the edge of my lips twitch up, nearly forming a grin. If this bothers Lila, maybe I should play along.

I stood up from my seat before saying, "Very well."

Lila's eye twitched a little bit but did not dare speak another word. I did not show my smugness, keeping it hidden under my proper facade. Luka and I locked arms then began to head into a different part of the garden.