Chapter 31

Kimono, Kagono and Torch all ate breakfast before they went. This was a way longer journey than they expected. But they got their by noon and the cave was pitch black.

"Torch, before we in their can you...?" Kimono asked.

"I know" Torch said turning himself into a human torch.

"Okay, if we want to get this done before tomorrow, we better get going" Kagono suggested.

They were walking through the cave, with  nothing but Torches light leading them through.

"You guys hear that?" Kagono asked.

Kimono crouched down and put his hand on the ground to hear rumbling.

"There are multiple people coming at at us at once" Kimono said.

As they got closer the sound got lighter and lighter, then they heard wings flapping.

"What the hell?" Kagono said.

"Kagono, get ready" Kimono said as both of them went into their grey forms.

"This doesn't sound like" Torch said.

Torch of course couldn't light up the whole cave so in front of them was mostly darkness. They saw a claw like hand reaching out the darkness.

"Why can't we ever just get a normal and smooth mission?" Kimono asked.

"Then it won't be fun" Kagono joked.

"Fire Magic: Infinite Burn"

A human bat figure lit up on fire and burned to death. From the light of the fire, they dozens of other human bat figures behind it.

"Killer bats, first skeletons, then a guardian angel, and now killer bats?" Kagono said.

"Can't we ever catch a break?" Kimono asked.

The killer bats sworming them and trying to confuse them with movement.

"Stone Magic: Stone Crossbow"

"Wood Magic: Sixty-Nine Guns"

"Fire Magic: Mass Flames"

The bats started dropping like flies, and within a minute they all died.

"I feel some major fire source coming from in front of us" Torch said pointing to a door that they had not noticed before.

Kimono opened the door to a pich black.

"It's just another dark room?" Kagono asked.

A row of fire that made a walk way lit up to an very old man on a chair sat.

"So you got through my bats I see?" The old man asked.

"Yeah, but only because they attacked us" Kagono said

"Okay, hehehe" The old man chuckled while stroking his long white beard."You know there's only been one person to excape this cave, right?"

"Oh yeah, and who was that" Kimono asked.

"I never knew his name, but he actually looked very similar to you two" The old man said.

"Listen, no disrespect old man, but we're here for the treasure" Kimono said, his grey form clicking" I'll give you two options surrender or die."

"How about..." The old man paused looking to the cave ceiling "Die!"

The man randomly hopped out the chair, ripped off his shirt, and revealed his very muscular frame.

"What are you trying to prove, that you workout?" Torch asked.

"Oh you'll see, hehehe!" The old man exclaimed.

All over the walls was torches catching fire at once, revealing all his dead victims stapled to the wall.

"What in the actual hell grandpa, what is this shit!?" Kagono asked in shock.

"You kids seem pretty strong, which will you be a valuable piece to my collection!"