Problematic (1/3)

George's breath picked up as he stood outside the airport, tapping his foot. The hot weather was killing him as he waited for his friend to come pick him up. Soon enough, Nick rolled up and slammed on the brakes. He rolled the window down,

"George."

George looked up.

"Get. In."

George shivered at those words, they didn't sound good.
—————————————————————————
TW: anxiety, near death, hospital, alcohol, drugs, car crash
—————————————————————————

George's leg bounced as his anxiety kicked in. His hands sweating and he grew more nervous as he felt they were speeding faster and faster. He felt like the car was closing in on him and his ears started ringing.  "Nick, what's happening?" He asked as he bit his nails. Nick only let out a sigh.

"Clay was in a wreck, he's in the hospital," was all George needed to hear for him to start panicking. He hunched over in his seat and started to hyperventilate. Nick reached over and patted his back. "Calm down, he's alive, he's not dead." Nick struggled to contain a calm attitude himself. George's eyes were wide open and all he could think of was the negative things that could happen. Clay could stop breathing, he could be in a coma right now, he could be taking his lasts breaths right now, anything.

"W-When did this happen?" George choked. "Hours ago, didn't find out until literally an hour ago when I was on my way to get you." Nick breathed. George's eyes began to water. He thought about the last text he sent Clay, the last words that came out of his mouth, the last call, everything. Worst of all he remembered Clays last words said to George over call before he was off to the airport... "I love you George, be careful."

"George, breathe, you're okay." Nick said. George never even realized they had stopped until he sat up and realized they were at the hospital. He unbuckled faster than ever and yanked at the handle struggling to open the door. He stumbled out the car. He tried to run for the doors but he felt like he was stuck. He couldn't move his legs and he was frozen, like those dreams when you try to run from something terrifying but your mind stops you, the evilness.

"You're going too fast George, you'll hurt yourself," George nodded and fell back against the car. He hunched over and hugged himself. His heart was beating so fast he could hear it in his ears. He felt like he was going to explode from how fast his heart was beating. "When you walk into that room promise me one thing, you won't cry." Nick said. George nodded. Oh no...is that bad? Is it that bad? "Let's go."

Moments later

"Right this way." The lady said, walking down the hall. Nick and George followed suit, George anxious and trying not to cry right there. As they reached the end there was two doors across each other and a window. George looked out the window, they were on a top level. He smiled at the view. He could see the big city. At least there was something to smile about before he walked into his worst nightmare.

"We did just give him pain medicine so he might be sleepy or asleep but he's okay." The lady said as she started to unlock the door. "Any serious injures?" George asked. She looked back at him with a look that scared George. "He broke his left leg and fractured his right wrist." George let out a sigh and looked back out the window. "Oh, please respect his condition, do not laying in the hospital bed for now and don't touch any buttons or wires or anything out of our wishes. Thank you. And only one person can stay overnight if you wanted to know." George and Nick nodded. Can she just open it now?

When George entered the room he felt a whole weight being put over him. He felt like he had walked into his own nightmares. The room was fairly sized not too big not too small. There was a big window on the far end that was currently opened and the sun was beaming in. There was a small bathroom and a chair and a couch back against the window near the hospital bed. The worst part to George, his eyes fell on his best friend and he nearly fell on his knees. He covered his mouth as his eyes watered. Though, he remembered his promise to Nick, "don't cry" he regained himself and slowly walked up to the bed. The noises of the machines made Georges skin crawl. He scanned the body laid in front of him.