Harry Potter [George X Reader]

Start from the beginning

You turn to look at them, your amusement flaring just enough to flash them a small smile. "More like cowardly lions, you prats. Now what do you want?"

"We need you to settle a-"

"What's that?" George asks, frowning. "Is that- are you wearing a glamour?"

You tense and your smile falters, and you look back out the window once more. "Don't worry about it."

"YN, why are you wearing a glamour?"

"Because I want to look pretty." You glance back towards them, smiling sardonically. "Is that okay with your boys or should I have asked for your permission beforehand?"

The twins frown and before you can pull your wand, Fred is pulling his and pointing it right at you. "Finite incantatem." Your eyes widen and dread instantly fills you when they gasp at what they see- fading bruising around your right eye and a busted lip.

"YN, what happened?"

"Nothing, George." You shift uncomfortably in your seat. "Now please put the glamour back. I know you guys know the charm."

"Not until you tell us what happened," Fred says.

The twins are concerned, dead set on knowing what's going on with you. You know they won't budge and that they're spectacular at sniffing out lies, so your shoulders slump as you sigh. "Whatever I tell you is never to be spoken about with anyone else. Deal?" They nod. You glance between the two of them and it feels like your heart is going to burst out of your chest with how fast it's beating. You've never said anything to anyone about your home life, but now? Now it's time. "I brought shame to the family when I was sorted into Gryffindor. At least that's what my father tells me," you say. "And it seems that I'm an easy target for when father gets angry."

It's quiet after your admission and you're quick to wipe away your tears before they slide any further down your cheeks. "How long has this been going on?" George asks.

"The verbal abuse started when I got home after first year," you tell them. "The physical started just a few months ago."

"And what about your mum? Can't she do anything?"

You shake your head at Fred. "If mum tries to intervene, then she gets the same treatment. Or worse. It's why I can't be healed. Father dearest likes to see his handiwork, so the most mum can do is glamour me so the adults don't see and start asking questions. Now please, will one of you put the glamour back?"

The twins continue to stare before George pulls out his own wand, putting a glamour charm back on you. When you feel the coolness of his magic wash over your features, you flash him a smile in thanks.

Fred and George refuse to leave the compartment after that, even going as far as sending away their best friend Lee when he came looking for them. They talk about anything and everything, doing their best to make you smile and laugh and forget about what's waiting for you at home.

If you notice that they're hovering more often than not now in between classes, you don't say anything and let them do as they please.

Almost immediately you know something is wrong at school when Mrs. Norris turns up seemingly dead and there's writing in blood on the wall about some Chamber being open and for the enemies of the heir to beware. Then Harry starts hearing voices, it becomes public knowledge that he can speak parseltongue, and a ghost and a student are petrified.

Hogwarts doesn't seem as safe as it usually felt and for a moment you're happy to be going home for Christmas. Your father is in a jovial mood and not once during break does he raise his wand or hand to you. You're grateful to not be his punching bag, but you're suspicious as to why he's so happy. And when you get back to school and the twins are quick to look you over for any signs of a beating, you hug them each for looking out for you and being such good friends.