Marvel [Thor X Reader]

Imagine catching Thor's attention on your trip to the beach that the others encouraged him to escort you on after they find out it'll just be you all on your lonesome.

. .

. .

When your mother passes and leaves you in a bit of a bind with bills and providing for your college courses, your aunt Pepper steps in and has you move in with her. If she had a normal living situation herself, you'd be all for it, but as it is she lives with her Avenger boyfriend and his Avenger teammates.

"Relax, kiddo," Tony Stark had told you when Pepper had given you a tour of the tower. "We're just normal people here at home. You've got nothing to worry about."

And true to his word, you realized the Avengers were just normal people when they weren't worrying over a mission. Bruce was always in working mode as he always had something to study in his lab and Thor was away with his lady love, but everyone else was quick to prove you had nothing to worry about with them.

Once you found your rhythm living there at the tower, you found yourself coming out to the common room floor more and more. You loved that Tony and Pepper gave you your own privacy in the form of your very own apartment, but sometimes the chatter of other people around you is what helped you get your work done.

One evening, after having woken up from a much needed nap, you walk out onto a mostly empty common room floor. You hear faint noises coming from the kitchen and head there, only to find Steve rummaging through the cabinets.

"Steve?" You frown. "Where is everyone? It's so quiet."

"Hey! You're awake." He smiles over his shoulder at you. "Everyone's down in the theatre. Thor's back and, uh, Jane called it quits with him." You wince and he huffs a laugh. "He doesn't seem torn up about it, but you know how Tony is. He thinks Thor's heartbroken and needs a night of family bonding."

"Well I'm in if you guys don't mind an extra body."

"The more the merrier," he says. "Now come help me find the good snacks. I know it's Clint who's hiding them."

"Yeah, yeah. Is the popcorn and soda machine in full operation in the theatre?"

"Of course."

"Excellent. Come on, Cap. Let's Hogwarts Express this bitch."

"W-What?" Steve laughs.

You sigh as you crouch down for the lower cabinets knowing full well Clint hid the goods there. "Just get me the cart on wheels from the pantry, will you? And remember to watch Harry Potter asap. You're seriously missing out."

As Steve does as he's told, you start pulling out bags and boxes of sweets from the lower cabinets. You bypass the chips since those make annoying crunching noises, but grab the bag of Hot Cheeto Puffcorn for yourself since the flaming hot morsels practically melt in your mouth anyway. There are a few boxes/bags each of M&M's, Whoppers, Twizzlers, Raisinets, Swedish Fish, Milk Duds, Skittles, Nerds and a box of Strawberry Poptarts.

When Steve catches a glimpse of all that you've assembled on the countertop, he gasps and readily grabs up a bag of Twizzlers to shove in his back pocket. "Your aunt always takes all the Twizzlers," he says and you can't help but laugh. "At least this way I can have some before Tony and Pepper take them all."

You shake your head in amusement at him while arranging the candy and your flaming hot puffcorn on the cart's two shelves, and then as you're pushing the cart by the refrigerator on your way towards the elevator you stop to grab a jar of cherries from inside.