Ch. 27 - AMPLIFICATION

Start from the beginning

"Let's say this goes perfectly. How does a brownout get us into the closed unit of Eichen?" Malia asked, "The system takes five minutes to reboot. In that five minutes, all the alarms will be turned off. The key card should work." Stiles explained and Scott turns to Liam.

"Liam, you and I get Stiles to the gate of the closed unit. But after that, he has to go on his own. We can't get past the mountain ash barrier. And, when we're gone, all anyone's going to think is that there was a reboot of the security system caused by a brownout." Scott said and Stiles nodded in agreement. "Uh, any questions?" Stiles asked.

"How do we get into Eichen House in the first place?"

"What's our worst case scenario?"

"What if I can't do it?"

"What if nothing goes to plan?"

Liam, Malia, Kira and Avalon asked all at the same time making their eyes widen slightly. "Okay, admittedly, a lot could go wrong." Stiles said and Avalon raised her eyebrows at him, "Everything could go wrong! Have you guys ever had a plan that actually worked?" She asked and Scott sighed.

"Guys, if we don't do this, we lose Lydia. She's going to die in there tonight... And she might take a lot of innocent people with her." Scott said.

🌘

In the empty chemistry class, Kira, Avalon and Malia stood in front of an electrical box connected to two copper wires, which run into another box that has a light bulb. Malia and Avalon looked at Kira expectantly making Kira rise her eyebrows.

"What?" Kira asked and Malia gestured towards the electrical set up, "Do it. Do your thing." Malia said and Kira shook her head. "What thing? I don't have a thing." Kira said and Avalon raised her eyebrows, "You've done it before so you had to learn how, right?" She asked and Kira shrugged slightly, "Actually, no. It just happened." Kira said and Malia pointed at her slightly.

"How'd you learn to fight with a sword?" Malia asked, "That just kind of happened, too." She said and Avalon and Malia both furrowed their brows. "So, you've never worked for anything, and basically, you're a cheater?" Avalon asked and Kira shrugged and shook her head, "This wasn't my idea! How are we even getting past the front gate?" Kira asked.

"I have a guy on the inside." Malia said making Avalon and Kira look at her with furrowed brows and Malia waved them off. "And stop changing the subject! Do your thing!" Malia said, gesturing to the electrical set up.

Kira took a deep breath before grabbing the two wires. The light bulb starts to glow brighter making Avalon and Malia glance at each other as the voltage meter goes from zero to a hundred-fifty in less than a second. The light bulb suddenly exploded making Kira sigh as she let go of the wires.

"It didn't work." She said before looking up at Avalon and Malia and her eyes widened when she saw a piece of glass in Malia's forehead and underneath Avalon's eye. "No, it didn't." Malia said as she pulled the glass out, "Glad I'm a Chimera." Avalon said while pulling the piece of glass out.

Kira gives them both an embarrassed and apologetic smile, and Malia sighed before reaching for a fresh light bulb and handing it to her. Avalon reached over, pulling a box out from underneath the table and pulling two safety goggles out, handing one to her girlfriend.

Many shattered light bulbs later, Kira had her elbows on the table, resting her chin on her hands while Malia and Avalon sat a little ways away from her. "Can I ask you a question?" Kira asked, looking at Malia, "No." Malia said making Avalon chuckle quietly as she sketched.

"Did your mother really try to kill you?" Kira asked and Malia raised her eyebrows, "Did your mother really try to leave you in the desert with Skinwalkers?" She asked. "What does your mom do?" Kira asked, looking at Avalon, "She's an accountant." Avalon said and Kira nodded. "Oh, cool." Kira said before looking at Malia again, "Are you really going to try to kill her first?" She asked.