Ch. 9 Perishable

Depuis le début

"Until she found Meredith. They found her in Eichen House. This fragile girl who didn't understand the things she heard. They brought her to the study. And they almost killed her. She was hospitalized for over a year. She... she never really recovered. My grandmother drove her insane. I drove her to suicide. And all she ever wanted to do was help," Lydia finished explaining.

|

The five of them stood around the table now that Lydia had finished updating all of them. The banshee was holding the photo in her hand again.

"My grandmother created the code for the deadpool. They think she's the banshee who put the names out in the first place. She left me this code in the same message," Lydia told them, sliding a piece of paper across the table to her friends.

"But she didn't leave a cipher key, did she?" Scott asked. She shook her head.

|

Both Parrish and Lydia left, leaving the two Hales and Scott at the loft together. Ayla put Lucifer back into her room before he could destroy any of her uncle's things. Derek already wasn't a fan of the feline, she didn't need to give him any other reasons to get rid of him.

Both her and Derek walked back into the room to find Scott picking up one of the many guns Braeden had left at the loft. This one in particular, though, she had left for Derek.

"Careful with that," the former alpha warned.

Scott turned to them, but didn't sit the weapon down. "I thought you didn't like guns," he reminded. Derek held out a hand, and Scott handed the gun over to him. "Does this have something to do with your eyes?"

"My eyes, my strength, the healing, all of it," Derek admitted, looking at the ground.

"Gone?" the alpha asked.

"Whatever Kate did to me, it's still happening," Derek told him, sitting the gun down on his bed.

"If the deadpool really was made by a banshee, then there's something else that you should know about. Your name broke the third list. It was a cipher key," Scott informed him.

"And the other two keys were Allison and Aiden," Derek remembered.

"And I... I don't want to make you nervous, but it kind of feels like there might be a pattern there," Scott said.

"It doesn't feel like it. There is a pattern there, Scott," Ayla snapped. She didn't mean for her tone to be as sharp as it was, but it still came out that way. As if the deadpool wasn't already enough, now it seemed like her uncle's death was being predicted.

"It... it could mean that you're just in danger," Scott stuttered.

Ayla scoffed. "Scott, banshees don't predict danger. They predict death," Derek reminded.

|

Hearing the front door open, Melissa McCall turned towards it. She had just gotten home from a night shift and was sitting her things down. But into her house walked Ayla Hale. The she-wolf was ready for the day, with her dark hair straightened, makeup done, and a Lydia approved outfit.

Of course, tonight was the bonfire, so the strawberry blonde had told her best friend she needed to wear a dress. They had eventually compromised on a black spaghetti strapped dress with a monarch butterfly on the front. Ayla had a flannel over it, the colors of which matched the butterfly. But she was still Ayla, meaning she had called Piper to have her remind Lydia that it wouldn't be an Ayla Hale outfit without her black Doc Martins.