for you | hyunlix

ship : hyunlix | hyunjin x felix
genre : fluff
type : storyline
relationship : friends
status : not requested
( felix's very late birthday special! + based on real-life events )

for you

hyunjin was torn.

it's not anything bad, he just doesn't know what to get felix for his birthday. you see, the younger's birthday is coming up in about two weeks but hyunjin is already thinking on what to get him. if someone asked him why he's doing this so early, he will probably say that he wants the best for his best friend.

but in reality, that's not what his heart said.

hyunjin maybe, just maybe, has a little crush on the younger. he had a hard time registering that information for about a week before accepting that after his heart almost exploded when felix said 'i love hyunjin' out of nowhere.

that night, the ravennette scrolled through his gallery to find a series of pictures he took with felix for thunderous music video filming. remembering felix's big smile that day made his heart really warm. he really want to see that again and for some reason, he wants to be the reason for it.

as he was scrolling, he stumbled upon a picture of him and felix holding a little white flower and it turned out to be very pretty. he remembered how much he loved that flower and how felix was so excited about it as well. looking back to it, he wished he could've kept the flower. he wants to remember that moment forever.

and suddenly an idea popped up.

hyunjin looked back at the picture and felt the urge to paint it. he knows that they could remember only through the picture, but painting it would give the feeling of the memory itself.

and with that memory, he wants to gift it felix.

hyunjin liked the idea, but he couldn't imagine how felix would react to it. will he like it? will he appreciate it? will i be able to see that same smile again if i gift him the painting? hyunjin thought silently. despite all the questions, he still wanted to give it a go. that night, he finished a rough sketch of the painting before heading to bed.

the next day, hyunjin finished his practice early so he can continue the painting but once he starts mixing the colours, he started overthinking again. what if felix doesn't like it? what if this is not what he expected? what if the painting turns out bad in the end?

he tried pushing away the thoughts and starts painting, only to stop when he felt his self-esteem dropped again. hyunjin has always loved art, but there will always be a time where he can't be confident with what he does. his hands started shaking, so he put away the brush and just stared at the barely finished art piece.

"hyunjin? what are you doing?"

the said boy turned his head towards the voice to see jisung peeking through the gap of the door of his bedroom. he just smiled sadly and the younger immediately understood what's happening once he saw the painting.

"hey, isn't this the flower you found at the filming site? i remembered felix telling me about it." he started, recognizing the reference of the painting right away. "it's really pretty, i can't wait to see the final product." he continued, before flashing a smile at hyunjin as he pats his back.

hyunjin didn't know what it is, but what jisung said really boosted his self-esteem back up. "thanks ji, i was thinking about gifting this to felix on his birthday." he said, earning a surprised reaction from jisung.

"really? that's even better! i'm sure he's going to love it." hearing that from someone else made hyunjin happy, and he is now more than motivated to finish the painting. after thanking jisung, he went back to work and giving his all into the painting.

as days goes by, felix's birthday is finally here. on the night of jisung's birthday, the boys prepared a small party to celebrate with him together. as midnight strikes, they all went to felix's room and sang happy birthday.

hyunjin couldn't really focus on singing as he can't help admiring felix's adorable smile when he's happy. his heart keeps beating hard every second he lays his eyes on him. felix seems to notice and smiled back, causing the older to panic a little.

after a while, it was finally time for hyunjin to give felix his present. most of the other members have already gifted theirs, so the taller was a bit nervous if his painting doesn't live up to his expectation.

"uhh happy b-birthday felix, this is for you." hyunjin stuttered lightly as he held out the painting that was nicely wrapped in blue wrapping paper with a yellow bow tied around it. he slapped himself internally when he realized his stutter and ended up smiling awkwardly at felix.

"awe thank you hyunjin!" the younger exclaimed as he carefully untied the bow and unwrapped the present. hyunjin chewed on his bottom lip out of habit as he felt cold sweat forming on his forehead. for whatever reason, he can't seem to stop himself from being nervous.

once felix managed to completely unwrapped the present, he seems really surprised. hyunjin couldn't tell if he's happy with the gift at first, but when felix put the painting to the side and went in for hug, his heart stopped.

"thank you so much hyunjin, it's beautiful." the taller was taken aback by surprise, but he's glad that felix liked his gift. though, the hug went longer than he expected, not until he realized that felix was practically sobbing on his shoulder.

"hey, what's wrong?" hyunjin asked, pulling away slowly to look at felix's face. the boy was crying but he just laughed it off. "nothing, i was just touched." he muttered, wiping the excess tears with his sleeves.

"i'm going to nail this up on the wall right away, watch me." felix said in determination before taking out a hammer and a nail from a toolbox that appeared out of nowhere.

"felix, no! you're gonna hurt yourself." hyunjin immediately took action by taking the hammer and nail away from the younger. "i'll help you later instead. but for now let's just enjoy the party, okay?" he said, reassuring felix.

felix smiled sweetly before leaning in and placing a soft peck on hyunjin's cheek. "thank you so much jinnie, you're the best." he said before running off to join the others.

as a result, hyunjin's insides malfunctioned the whole day and NOT in a bad way. it might've been the best day of his life.

—————

i miss hyunlix </3

anyways this was long overdue but i finally finished it. this was originally inspired by an art piece by twt user @/ovo7ovo during felix's birthday but they say no reposts so if you want the link to the art just dm me luvs <3

i was writing angsty hyunlix for puzzle piece so i need to write fluff hyunlix too lmao i hope you enjoyed this one (〃ω〃) ♡