I WILL F*CK SH*T UP WITH YOU

Tay nibbled on his nails. His cuticles were peeling off. He pressed the phone in his left hand even closer to his ears. No response again. He growled. He was so close to flinging the device at a wall.

His ex-husband did not come home last night. Neither New nor Guy were answering their phones. For all he knew, they were dead in a ditch somewhere.

He paced about the living room. He did not want New to die. He had not told the man about how he felt about him yet. It would suck not to be able to see his annoying smile again. He could not take it. It would destroy him.

Tay had called his best friend, Off Jumpol to share his concerns. "It is 4 am, Peng," Off drawled. "I think the world would've heard by now if New Thitipoom was dead." He yawned and promptly hung up.

That was five hours ago. And still no word from his husband. Ex-husband. Forgive him for not having the time to record small details. His eyes were scratchy. He was exhausted. Sleep had evaded him all of last night. For this reason, he was startled when the phone in his hand came alive. He barely managed to keep it in his grip. It was Guy.

"Where are you?" Tay barked into the phone.

"I'm sorry, sir. I left my phone in the car. I didn't think we would spend the night."

Tay was going to admonish him for his carelessness. Threaten to kill him some more but he heard another voice. "Is that my husband?" New asked. He sounded exhausted. Tay deflated. Relief immediately washed over him. The use of husband was also a calming agent.

"Yes sir," Guy said. "He called 59 times and left messages threatening to kill me if I was not already dead."

"Let me." There was scratching in the earpiece. Then, "Tawan."

"Tawan!?" He snarled. Is that all he could say after the hell he put him through?

"No, Tay. You are Tawan, remember?"

Leave it to New to make a mockery of a serious situation. He seethed. "Is this a joke to you?"

The man sighed heavily. Tay could almost smell his sangfroid through the phone. "My head hurts like hell, Tawan. I do not need you yelling into my ears now. I will see you at home." He dropped the call before Tay could retort.

Now that he knew that New was very much alive and as snarky as ever, he allowed himself to be annoyed. He marched to the dining table. Grabbed a bagel from the breakfast platter. His appetite was suddenly replenished. He was famished. He chewed angrily as he waited for his partner in the foyer.

The car pulled into the garage several minutes later. New walked out of the door first. He looked alive. Very alive. Tay noticed that his clothes were different from what he left the house in yesterday.

"Thitipoom." His nostrils flared.

New pocketed his hands and assumed a formidable stance. "Tawan."

"Where the hell were you?"

"Out."

"Out where?"

"A friend's." He lifted his chin. Cocked his brows. Was he trying to piss him off?

"What friend?"

"You don't know them."

Them? Gender-neutral. Was he with a woman? That would hurt even more if he was. Heat flushed through his body. He kept a lid on his anger. "Were you with a woman?"

New rolled his eyes. "Tay, please."

"Were you?"

"I do not owe you an answer."