I MARRIED A MAN WHO HATES ME

Tay Tawan is a different man at work. He walks with the aplomb of a king. His lean long legs commanded respect with each stride. New noticed, with pride, how the staff watched them. It was an assortment of envy, admiration, and lust being the most dominant. Their eyes went wide in the most comical way when they stepped out of the elevator. Guards towering behind them.

If New was them, he would be awestruck too.

Their first project together was to spearhead the construction of a warehouse and office space for a Vihokratana subsidiary factory.

At work, Tay was a force to be reckoned with. He was what people saw on TV. The heir apparent to the Vihokratana fortune.

He was as sharp as a tack. His dark eyes, as attentive as a heron. His strong angles, the fluidity of his movement around the conference room, and the deep vibrations in his voice lured everyone in and kept them laser-focused on what he had to say.

New only contributed a handful of times because Tay's thoughts reflected his. The man knew what his company wanted and he drew a clear picture in the minds of the architects of what they were going to work with.

He couldn't be prouder to be his husband. He also couldn't be more attracted to him.

After the meeting, New shooed the secretary away. He closed the door to the conference room and rested his back against the heavy doors. "That was hot," he declared with a deliberate nip on his lower lip.

Tay's eyes followed the movement for a brief second and looked away. The frown he wore around New made a reappearance. He rose from the hair-on-hide swivel chair. Ran nimble hands down the front of his suit. And redid his suit button. "Not now New, Let's go home."

"Why not?"

He started towards the door. "Because I don't want to fight with dozens of employees eavesdropping."

"Who said anything about a fight? Okay let's say it's a fight, but with fewer clothes on." He winked.

Tay's face crumbled like a cat took a shit in his coffee. "Is nothing sacred to you? This is a place of work."

"Are you saying you've never fucked in an office? Oh right, I forgot about the virgin thing. But I bet you've seen porn where the—,"

Tay stepped in front of him. The rest of the sentence died with his brain cells. Angry eyes lit a flame under New's skin. He shifted uneasily on his feet. Had to remind himself he needed to breathe. His husband took his shoulders. The grip was almost painful but it was nothing New couldn't handle. He leaned into the touch, eyes fluttering and heart racing.

"Tay?" He whispered, weak in the knees. This is it. His husband was finally going to give in to that raw hunger that beats down the doors of his eyes. He realized too late that he was being maneuvered to the side. "Tay?" He said louder.

"You're in my way." Tay tugged him a step further from the door. "Let's go home." He let go of New's shoulders. Dusted his palms. Then pulled on the hefty oak doors and marched out.

New couldn't afford to be angry. Yes, he was a little sexually frustrated. However, it had been a week since he got some so it was to be expected. Well played Tawan, he smiled to himself and dashed out to catch up to his husband.

The ride back to the house was the best out of all they'd had together, bar that wonderful evening. Tay did not shift to the far side of the seat or keep his eyes out the window for the entire ride.

The next couple of days panned out to be as peaceful as one could imagine in a circumstance like theirs. Tay did not bite off his head at every point. Or send him death stares. This was primarily because they were hardly ever around each other.