35

It was a horrible Monday morning and Mondays where rarely anything good.

Ishara Autur had woken up ten minutes late and her two little brothers, the eight year old Sai and the twelve year old Adi, had taken over the bathroom entirely.
When she finally finished getting ready and had cleaned her very dirty glasses she was already late... very late.

Her mum would kill her. So if those annoying little jerks told her, she would tell them all about what happened to the birthday cake from grandma last month that had mysteriously vanished. They could have a shared funeral.

'I am going byeee!' She yelled while tying her pink sneakers and pulling open the door, almost tripping while doing it all at once.

Then she stood frozen.
'Uh... so hi.'
'We don't mean to bother you.. ehm... but we are having a bit of a situation..'

'Sam?'

Sam smiled but he looked horrible.
Like he was run over by a train and a truck and then ran a marathon. His hair was all over the place. He smelled like a wildfire and a dead possum at the same time.
He had dirt on his clothes and was that blood?

She closed the door behind her because this did not seem like something her parents should know about. She didn't know Sam for a long time but in the time she had gotten to know him she had maybe fallen a little for him. They texted every day.
The first couple of text had taken her hours to write. How are you supposed to reply to a boy you have a crush on. But after a while it was a easy as breathing. She needed it just as much.

On the end of the driveway a truck with a bunch of people was waiting. It looked like a chuck of metal had been ripped of it.
'What are you...what happened!?'
She knew there had been a fire in the woods. And Sam hadn't texted her since she last saw him when he picked up Alec from her place.
She had been very worried about him.
And there had been this animal attack that had caused some victims. It was all over the news yesterday. But Sam looked as if he came from there.

His blue eyes didn't shine with joy like they used to do they were empty and the bags under them seemed like a black eye. And his body was covered with bruises.

'I can't explain what happened. But we need help. We have a baby and a wounded person and we don't have anywhere to go...' he rambled looking worse with each word that came out of him.
'You..... have ...a baby?'
Sam scratched his head giving her a good view of the bloody scars over his arms.

'There was no animal attack in the woods was there... this was something else.' She whispered.

What ever they said on the news. It was a lie. She knew a lot of the people in her school all lived in this secluded little area. It was a little community in the woods of rich people. Like Sam and Jacob.
And no one else ever came there or they would be send away.
It was like a little sect or something. Very weird and secretive.

And some of the kids in her class. Like Alec... they had this weird.. aura over them. The just felt like something wild.
Her grandfather used to tell her stories about creatures of old and tales about magical things.. Alec seemed almost as if he were one of those stories come to live.
Like those legends of beasts and magic...

'Is alec okay?'
He nodded.
'Hurt... sad... but alive.'
'And Kit and James?' They were weird and scary but they had been nothing but kind to her. They had disappeared from school and no one remembered them going to school there. Maybe only those weird kids from the forest. But she didn't speak to them and she didn't think they would tell her if she did.

There was something going on. Something weird.
And Sam knew about it.
'Kit is hurt pretty bad. And James...' Sam looked behind him. Tears pooled in his eyes.
'We need help and I don't know where else to go.' He sounded... desperate.
'I'll help you.' She promised. She grabbed his hand. And she tried to force a smile. And not to blush when Sams looked at her.

'My uncle has this abandoned old cottage near the mountains about fourth miles from here. It's not much but no one ever comes there. You will need to tell me what ever is going on, Sam. I don't want to be kept in the dark. I know things are happening that are not normal. I need to know if you guys are safe!?' She almost begged him the last part. Not caring if that made her seem stupid.
He nodded.

'I will tell you. I will tell you and I hope that after I do, you won't hate me Ishara.'
When he said her name.
It felt like a promise. It felt like something no one had ever told her. It made her feel like she was pushed of a cliff but like in a good way.

'Whatever it is I won't.' She promises him not caring about her red cheeks because that wasn't very hard when Sam looked at her like that.
He gave her hand a squeeze.
He didn't smile but she could feel he was relieved.
He looked at her like he saw her.

'Quit your fucking flirting Sam! Jamie needs food !' A voice broke them out of the moment. She frowned at the very intimidating looking guy standing near the car with a little baby tied to his chest in a purple flower scarf. Glaring daggers at them.

'I will explain that to.' He promised.
'Only I don't even know where he came from too.' He sighed.
She smiled reassuring at him and followed him to the car.

Izzy had never skipped school before. Never.
Het mother would kill her if she ever found out.
But she didn't even think about it today.

She never did like Monday's anyway.

Hi guys! This is it! The last chapter of this part. 😢
Don't worry I will start updating the next part starting nexts week.
Thanks for all the likes, comments and votes and I hope many more people will find this story and give it a change! 😘😘😘.  3,5k reads right now!

Who do you think will be the main for the next book?

You guys want a little spoiler?

Okay than!

Rohan Novik always knew he would die before his eighteenth birthday. He was an abomination. Something that shouldn't have been born. But he couldn't give a single fuck about it. But now he has a pack to keep alive. And he will do anything for them.
He will keep them save even if that means destroying everything else around him.

And of course Alec and everybody that survived this first book are gonna be there as well! Don't worry. One day ... they might even get there happily ever after 😏

Or not.