19

Sam woke up with a horrible headache. And it took him a couple of seconds to remember where he got it. And then a couple more to recognize where he was.
'Morning, sleeping beauty.' A ruff voice said accompanied by the rattling of chains. Sam tried to get up but was stopped by tight chains around his wrist, ankles and his neck.

Oh dear...

A breath shuddered out. No... It couldn't have really happened. It was just a bad dream. What happened to Alec!?
He looked up and saw someone he didn't expect at all!
The dangerous looking dragon was sitting tied with even more chains to the wall across from him.

Looking at him.

'Bane!' He remembered Alec calling the dragon. He was harmless. Just a big mouth... and he had touched what didn't belong to him....
the dragon only wore a jeans his shirt was ripped apart and his dark brown skin broken with many bloody wounds. That were not healing like they should with a dragon.
Some parts of his skin were turned to bluegreen scales. They were beautiful but it couldn't mean anything good...

'How did you...'
Bane snorted and rolled his eyes. He leaned his head back against the wall like he couldn't keep it up.
'How do you think, little wolfboy. They tricked me. They drugged me and weakened me. Just like you all had planned from the start right?' His eyes weren't the dark brown they were the first time he had seen the dragon. No they were orange with pupils like that of a snake... or a dragon.
He was half turned.

Stuck.

Sam tried to swallow something away that seemed to be stuck in this throat.
'I didn't...I ...'
'Don't lie wolf. You knew. You knew he wasn't gonna play it fair. You knew he was gonna force Alec. You knew he was gonna take revenge and kill all of them.'

Words never hurt him as much as they did now.
'I tried to stop it.' He whispered so soft, anyone but a dragon would have heard nothing at all.
'If you tried to stop it. You should have prevented Alec from making the deal in the first place!'

'They weren't gonna make a deal!' Sam spit back at him. Feeling tears prickling in his eyes.

The dragon frowned. Ripping at his chains that didn't move.
Sam tried to get up again. He could sit a little with his hands spread out against the wall. He now saw that the dragon didn't just have the same chains. But the one around his neck had spikes... on the inside.
Probably covered with poison to weaken the dragon.
Sam couldn't even imagine how they had succeeded in doing that!
But the dragon was right...
It was his fault.

'They were gonna meet with the red claw... the pack of that girl they took.'
'Fraya.' Bane growled. Making Sam flinch.
'Her name is Fraya! And she ran from that monster.'
Sam couldn't look in his eyes anymore but he nodded.
Barely enough to be noticed but the dragon seemed to anyway.
'Jacob wanted to work together. To save them. To kill the warlock.'

'To kill innocent people! To kill a men who saved so many magical creatures from harm. To destroy the only save place they have known in years!' The dragon sneered.
Sam couldn't nod this time. He couldn't do anything.
'When he made the deal I thought it was of. I thought they weren't gonna go thru with it. I didn't think he was still gonna do it....'

Sam had hope that Jacob would just keep his end of the deal. He had hope everything could figure its own way out. He thought everything would just have a happy ending. He should have remembered why he accepted the beta position in the first place...
The silence fell but the dragon broke it after a minute or two.

'But he did.'
Sam looked up. Tears falling from his eyes. He couldn't stop them.
He couldn't stop anything it seemed. He knew it was wrong. But Jacob just wouldn't listen. He thought this way Alec and Jacob could just fall in love. No one had to die. No one had to get hurt.
'Yea... he did. He just didn't tell me about it.'
The dragon sighed.

'I figured. Since your here locked up to!'
Sam almost laughed. He should have fucking known.
He should have never become beta. He did it because he though Jacob would change. Jacob had been an arrogant little prick his whole life. But after he lost Alec. He changed. He still had hope this pack could be better... he was wrong.
Apparently he didn't really change for better... like he had hoped.
How many people would he kill to get his way.
Would he kill him...
Would he kill the dragon?
Would he kill Alec?

'James and Kit?' He asked the dragon.
'I heard them... but I haven't heard them since yesterday.... ' Bane said.
'Maybe they are dead... maybe they are in the cells to.'
Sam nodded. He sure hoped they weren't dead. They were such good and innocent people. They didn't deserve to die.

Jacob had it all wrong.
But there was nothing he could do now... because Jacob had decided he was an enemy now to... he would probably get rid of him.
The cells were deep in the forest.
To far from anyone to be heard. Or saved.

'Are we gonna die?' Sam asked.
'Maybe.'
They were silent for a while.
'I kinda don't want to die though....'

'Yeah... you think I do?'
He shook his head. Sam didn't have parents. His mom died with the rouge attack that killed Alecs father to... he didn't have an other parent. Or grandparents or even a strange old aunt or anything. It had always been just him. He never really cared about it. Well he did... but he had learned that you could make your own family. He wanted the pack to become his family. He should have probably picked someone else.

When Alec told him about his home. The big castle in the middle of a magical forest filled with all kinds of magical creatures. He wanted that to!

Alec was apart of something. Something he had wanted to be apart of for so long! A real family. The kind that fought for you. That cried for you. The kind that lifted you up whenever you fell down. Sam wanted that to... so bad. But he would never do anything to destroy something so pure and good. He wouldn't.
So if Jacob and his pack wanted to destroy that. Or maybe even already had... than he didn't belong in this pack.

It didn't hurt like he thought it would. He did feel a little empty like Alec had told him about. But it wasn't really a bad feeling. Maybe he never really belonged in this pack anyway... he wondered if anyone even noticed?
That he was gone.
That their beta disappeared... that he just willingly pushed himself out of the pack mindlink and with that out of the ash creek pack.

He was nothing more than a rouge now. It little more sane than a real one...
when he looked at Bane he was already looking at him.
'Guess it's just us now, huh?' The dragon asked with the shadows of a small smile on his lips.
Sam nodded.
'Guess so....'
'Let's make sure they regret it then.'
'Lets.'

Yellow ! Wow almost at the first milestone of 1 thousands reads ! Can't wait! Thank you so much for reading and voting and commenting!  Please continue it makes me so happy! Here is a chapter from my boi Sam.

They never deserved Sam!

Do you think Sam and Bane can save Alec before the end of the deal comes?