Piggyback

The classroom's atmosphere was tense and heavy, nobody could believe the things they'd seen. The lone figure of someone that is supposedly composed and bright was changed into a person who's broken and full of despair.

Hirata has suddenly become violent.

No, this is not true!!

Hya! Maybe I'm just dreaming…

Why are you acting like that, Hirata-kun!??

Conflicted thoughts have boarded the students minds, still unable to process the current situation.

Some have already snapped out of it but wanted to reject the reality and clings to the hope that this all is just an act.

After all, knowing Hirata's kind nature, the fact that the school has made a special exam for the purpose in expelling someone, he can't stomach seeing a classmate to be expelled then decided to sacrifice himself for the sake of the others.

Horikita then argued to Hirata, reminding him that this kind of reasoning is simply absurd. She clearly pointed out that there's no reason for him to even volunteer in the first place, when there's lot of incompetent students to choose from.

He can greatly boost the class morale by his charm and it's an irrefutable fact that he's the only one in the class that possesses such ability.

Such talent cannot go to waste.

Horikita's aware of it that's why she wouldn't let him have his way while keeping in mind to protect Ayanokouji by pushing the idea on giving the censure votes on Yamauchi by revealing to everyone his plan.

But still, Hirata insisted that Horikita's doing things is not even far or should he say just similar to what Yamauchi had done.

The issue can be settled through talking civilly, but the current Hirata is full of rage and gives off the impression that any logical explanation won't work on him and will stay on what he believes till the final straw.

The class discussion, even with the presence of Chabashira-sensei still didn't end well, and both sides' argument wasn't settled and then left to be done in the next few days.

I sighed.

“I'll stay neutral for now.”

After grabbing my bag and decided to go to the dorm. I passed a certain girl that had teary eyes while both hands were clutching her skirt, controlling herself to not break down for the sudden scene.

I then lightly tapped her shoulder, causing her to panic and then looked at me.

“A-ayanokouji-kun!?” Mii-chan said in surprise.

“It will be fine..” I responded for her to calm down.

I no longer waited for her response and started walking again, until my back slowly disappeared in the classroom.

•••

Days passed and the result was the same as the other day, or should I say becomes worse and it's beyond recovery of pure hope.

Unless someone will intervene, a person that knows how to deal with Hirata's current situation, a person that can choose the right way to address his problem without the risk of it going counterproductive and person that won't hesitate to choose any available method just to know the root then exterminate it once found.

And guess that someone available right now is only me.

Horikita cannot, Kushida won't and Kei is in a pinch.