The weekend after 'through the looking glass ruins'

New story 😎 so it's not connected to any of the other chapters. Sorry I've been really unmotivated and I have no idea what to write so if this sucks, sorry 👩‍🦲. (Please don't rewrite my stories without credit, although I don't mind much. that includes inspiration too)
—————————————————-

Matt pov:
I wake up to the sun shining into my room onto my face. I open my eyes a little and almost fall back asleep since it's Sunday, But that's when I remember I have to go back to that graveyard and help that weird old man 'build his Defence' what does that even mean, And Augustus is coming too.. I don't know why but I'm sort of excited to know that he's coming. Why though?? Do I actually want him as a friend!? Well it would be nice.. No I don't want to be his friend that's impossible....I try to think of reasons for being excited but then I hear my screaming watch go off, I hate this thing. I get up and change into some new clothes (idk imagine them 🤪). we said we would meet at 11 then get lunch after which I didn't want to do since it meant being seen in public with him. But at the time i had really wanted to for some reason.

I swear there must be something wrong with me.? Well whatever. I walk into the kitchen where I see my older brother sitting on 'his chair' I don't see why it's his chair but whatever "Hey Steve I'm going back to the graveyard today, some weird old man wants me to 'build his defences' so stupid. I'll be back by around 2 or 3." I say to him and put air quotes on 'build his defences'. "Alright are you going alone? You know that's dangerous" he asks and I shake my head. "No Augustus is going" I say and roll my eyes. "Wait.. Augustus? I thought you hated him." He said and looked at me weird. "No I don't hate him, he's ok.. did you forget I actually like him now- not in a weird way, I don't really want to go but I know it's rude to not show up to meetings. I can't believe I'm saying this but.. I'm excited to see him for some reason. But I hate him so I don't know why" I say in one breath and nearly pass out. he giggles a little. "What." I ask what he's giggling about. "Oh nothing. Just the fact that you are excited to see AUGUSTUS." He laughed and I groan. "Shut up" I say back to him.

Once I had eaten breakfast and gotten ready I told my brother I was leaving and walked out the door. I had taken the chance while walking to think about stuff, Like why I am so excited to see Augustus. it felt kind of how I felt when I had a crush on Celine. (Please I don't know her name. She's the moon girl he danced with at grom). But that's impossible! I can't and never will have a crush on Augustus, I hate him! ??do i? No im just saying this for the sake of myself. In the time i had been yelling at myself in my head I had already arrived. Augustus was sitting on a rock outside the gate with his phone (I'm calling it that) I stare in awe, I can't look away from him.. why? He notices I'm there and he stops slouching. "Hi Mattholomule!" He yells. "Hey" I didn't really know what to say. He jumps off the rock and comes over to hug me. I just sit there but I feel my face warm up a little bit, wait but that only happens when... oh no I totally like him don't I.

He stops hugging me and looks at me. "Ready to build this mans 'defence' whatever that means." he jokes and punches my arm lightly. I giggle and he looks at me, but it's not just normal looking it's weird I don't know what it is. He looks a little red and turns around. "Great! Let's go" he says really fast. What was that reaction? We walked inside and I was still questioning what was going on.

Gus pov:

Oh my god. Why was that giggle so adorable, and why did I panic? I think I saved it though...I think. Hopefully he doesn't giggle again because I don't think I would be able to handle it. We walk up to the old illusionist who is talking to himself. "Hello" I greet him and he looks over to see us standing there. "VISITORS! You actually came I didn't expect you to." I didn't know how to answer so I just nod. I look back at mattholomule and he's already looking at me, he looks at the old man quickly. My face heats up and I put my arm on my neck nervously and look at the old man. "Shall we start then?" He asks us. "Sure" we both answer.