Fourteen

Fourteen

"Dude, prom's fast approaching. Did you invite Nori to come with you?" Vernon asked as I was just opening my lunch box.

"Hindi pa. She might be busy that day or baka hindi payagan." I shrugged. "Prom's not really important for me. Sasayaw at kakain lang naman tayo. What's so special about it?"

"It's Senior year at dahil may girlfriend ka na, syempre hindi mo na mararanasan na maghintay na makasayaw ang  crush mo." Vernon rolled his eyes. "I bet you want to dance with Nori too at prom, with her wearing a gown and you in a suit. Like a fairytale prince and princess."

"You can just dance with any outfit to wear. The only thing that makes it special is the feeling or the attraction. Doesn't matter what you wear or whatever the event is."

"Ugh, you don't get me." He rolled his eyes more and it made me chuckle. Eh sa totoo naman. It's the feeling that matters. No matter what the situation is. You can dance in the rain, in the kitchen...anywhere as long as you're with someone important to you and you care about them..it's going to be special.

"So you don't have plans on inviting Nori to the prom?" binalik niya pa rin ang tanong sa akin.

"Who's inviting who?" We both looked to the same direction when Mal approached our table. Si Justice ay patakbong humahabol sa kaniya. When she stopped beside Mallorie, she was panting.

"Lunch, Mal." Vernon chuckled. Umusog siya para makaupo si Mal. Justice took the seat beside me.

"You took your time jogging," I told her. She chuckled a bit.

"Ang bilis ni Mal maglakad. Gutom na gutom na siguro."

"Water?" I offered her because she was still panting.

"I'm good. May baon ako." She said and took out a hydroflask from her bag. Tumango ako at tiningnan ang aking lunch.

"So, who's inviting who?" Mal asked once again as if she's a paparazzi.

"Tinatanong ko si Zoe kung in-invite na ba niya si Nori sa prom," sagot ni Vernon. Mal shifted her gaze at me and raisees a brow.

"Is that even a question? Of course, he'd bring her to the prom."

"I would if I could," I shrugged. "It still depends on Nori. She might be busy o baka hindi rin naman payagan. Her mom doesn't really want her to socialize that much."

"Yet she works as a waitress..."

My lips protruded a bit. "It was actually a secret from her Mom. She's always out so she didn't really know much about Nori's part-time job."

"Well, we can just sneak Nori out of her house if it's possible." Mal grinned as she raised her shoulders. "I'm sure Zoe had sneaked into her room before. Si Zoe pa ba..."

"Gago!" humalakhak si Vernon nang ma-realize kung ano ang ibig-sabihin ni Mal. Bumaling ang tingin niya sa akin. "Have you done that?"

"No," I denied as I took a piece of chicken chunks from my lunch box. Vernon stared at me as if he didn't believe what I said. I shrugged and continued eating.

"Nasaan si Kieran?" tanong ni Mal. "Aren't you guys always together at lunch?"

"He's with his new girlfriend. Damn, he really ditched us for his date." Naiiling na sabi ni Vernon.

"I could ditch you guys for my date, too. Duh." Mal rolled her eyes and Justice chuckled beside me.

Napailing na lang din ako sa sinabi niya. Kieran had been busy these days but he was still his actual self after having another girlfriend. Kieran wasn't really kidding when he said that he'd want to have a girlfriend before school year ends. We have the opposite promise yet here I am, in love with someone whom I met months ago. I don't even have plans of letting go of Nori. Wala namang rason para bumitaw ako.