Six

Six

Despite being friends with Norine Ahava, she still remains a mystery to me. I have known a few things about her and I wanted to know more. I know, I should keep my nose from sticking into other people's business. But everytime I see her, I can't help but what was wrong with her or what's running inside her mind.

Nori was beautifully engaging....a regal mystery. And if I keep on saying it this way, I might really break my promise.

I sighed in annoyance when I saw the ink of my pen on the paper. It already left a huge mark on my paper. It was supposed be a single dot but I pushed my pen too hard, making the ink invade a little more space.

"Damn it, Sweven," I cursed and tore the paper. I started writing over again. It's just an essay and my thoughts were everywhere. I tried reading what I wrote again.

Kumunot ang noo ko nang mabasa ang pangalan ni Nori roon. I ignored it as I wrote the words I have previously written.

Focus, Zoe. Focus! School and varsity lang, okay? Nori is out of your focus. She's a part of the priority but not your focus, alright?

I had a satisfied smile on my face as I read my paper once again. Buti naman at tapos na. I don't want to catch myself in trouble again just because I hadn't finish this freaking essay about myself and my future. Who fucking knows about the future anyway? Alam ko ba? Hindi naman. Nanghuhula na lang ako kung ano ang nangyayari. Even at present, I'm still trying to find out what I want to be.

Do I want myself to be involved in business like my Mom? Or an Engineer like my father? Ate Shil wants to be an engineer ever since she was young. Si Ate Suede nasa Political Science since she wants to become a lawyer like some of the oldies in our family. Ako? I don't even know. I entered the Science Program in SHS since I'm still trying to grasp on what's happening to me. At least dito, I can go wherever I go. I can learn general knowledge and enter any program that I want.

"Nori..." I called her when we were already walking outside of the pub. Nasa unahan siya nang kaunti kaya nakatingin lang ako sa kaniyang buhok.

She slightly tilted her head as if listening to me.

"What do you want to be in future? Anong kukunin mo sa college?"

"Nursing."

"Nursing?" I echoed. "Why?"

Inisang hakbang ko ang layo naming dalawa. My forehead creased upon hearing her answer and now I was curious why she wants to be a nurse.

"Gusto kong mag-alaga ng pasyente. 'Yon lang," she chuckled. "Ang lame ba ng reason ko? Pero iyon talaga ang gusto ko eh. Ikaw? May plano ka na ba for college? Ilang buwan na lang din naman oh..."

I shrugged as I put my hands inside the pocket of my jacket. "I don't even know what I want. I was just going with the flow."

"Baka naman gusto mong maging National player? You were so loyal with basketball...so maybe, iyon ang gusto mong kunin."

"Nah," I shook my head. "I want to drop basketball once I'm in college. I just want to focus on one thing."

"Then apply for a program where it involves basketball?"

I pursed my lips and considered her suggestion. Tumingala ako sa langit. There were no stars tonight and the clouds were a little bit low. Mukhang uulan.

"Think about it, Zo. May ilang buwan ka pa naman para mag-isip. It's okay to be sure before pursuing something." She said as she looked up to me.

I bit the inside of my left cheek and sighed. Maybe, I should consider reading some testimonies before picking. It won't hurt to try and wait for a little time.