Epilogue

Y/N looked around the room carefully. Well, it looked abandoned ofcourse. But there's no way that a mall, filled with goods, can be left like this. There has to be a catch. "Argh whatever," she grumbled and filled the bag with necessary items. 

Whoosh.

She felt something fly by her ears. She stopped her movements and looked around the room. Apart from vines and dirt, she couldn't exactly see any other than her in the room. She was sure, there was something else here. Slowly she took the dagger out of her pocket. But before she could comprehend the situation, she was being dragged by her feet at a tremendous pace. She was trying to look at whatever she was heading towards - but all she was able to see were grass and trees grown all over place. Looking at her feet, she tried to get hold whatever was dragging her but it wasn't as easy as it looked in the movies. 

But soon enough her movements stopped followed by a loud screech. She immediately got up and ran towards the sound. "Eunhyuk," she sighed in relief and looked at the figure lying in front of him. Ofcourse she couldn't see the monster. It was covered in green plants and was able to hide plain sight.

"I told you we shouldn't separate," he said and walked towards her - his hand looked like a hardened material.

"Sorry," she rolled her eyes, "excuse me for thinking I can handle myself."

"...yeah sure," he sighed.

"Did you find it?"

"Oh yeah, there's a washroom on the second floor," he said.

"Great!" she said, "I'll go first!"

"You sure you don't need any help?" he asked, smirking.

Y/N blushed and muttered, "This is not the time and place to do that."

"Just asking."

"It's like you get hornier everyday," she chuckled and went towards the washroom with her stuffs.

Y/N sighed as soon as the warm water hit her face. She always thought about that day, and a sense of fear took over her. The day she almost lost him.

Death because of a building collapsing isn't as fast as you may think. When the ceiling collapsed over them, she lost consciousness for some time. Maybe because of the fear. But when she woke up, she found herself under Eunhyuk and crushed under parts of the ceiling. She didn't know how long she was out. Y/N desperately cried and called for him. She shook him with all the strength she was left with. Now that time has passed, she was able to remember the scene clearly. She was agonizing thinking of how she was going to die slowly out of starvation unless a monster came across and killed her off.

That was until she felt him move. His eyes were black - just like Hyunsu's. Grunting, he shouted before pushing off parts of the building off of him. She lied there, eyes glistening with tears watching the hardened skin on his back - and how he actually looked like a sculpture made out of iron or stone. A smile took over her face and she soon lost her consciousness. When she woke up, she found herself being carried. It smelled like disinfectants and there he was - Eunhyuk sleeping next to her.

Turning off the shower, she walked out wearing her new set of clothes. As she was searching for her boyfriend, she found him standing.

Standing in the kid's section.

Smiling, she walked to him and asked, "See something you like?"

Eunhyuk cleared his throat and held up two pairs of tiny shoes. "It...would suit Jimin," he said.

Oh yeah. That's right. They lost the baby ofcourse. When she went to the washroom the next time she woke up, she found a lump of flesh coming out of her. Unknowingly, tears filled her eyes. She didn't expect it hurt her but then again, she did have some of hope of a new life with him. Eunhyuk was very supportive those days. He didn't show an ounce of sadness until months later. 

"Are you thinking of what they said?" she asked.

"I mean...I won't if you don't want it," he said.

She smiled and kissed his cheeks. He stared at her with eyes full of adoration. Oh way he loved her. He wanted to hold her, be with her, protect her. With the little time they are left with, he wanted to cherish it. It felt like she was beginning to look more beautiful as time passed. It made him want to touch her longer - feel her breath, skin - feel her being the strong human she is. He couldn't remember but at the beginning when he didn't have control, he used to find her in odd places - usually up on a tree. Once, she broke her arm because of him. He felt guilty but every smile she put his way made him think otherwise. He would do the same for her. It was smart how she climbed a tree to protect herself, while keeping her eyes on him. After a while she decided to carry a taser and used it whenever he lost control.

"I love you too," she said, smiling and brushing her fingers on the pair of shoes.

"Huh?" he asked, breaking out of his trance.

"What? You were staring at me," she said.

"Yeah, I just...want to make love to you right here, right now. You're becoming irresistible every day. I don't know if I can handle it without touching you-"

She closed his mouth with her hands. Her face was red, along with her ears. "I'm honestly never gonna understand how you're so different and shameless around me!" He smirked and kissed her hands.

She turned to put on her bag and said, "Well....when we reach home."

"You think those people gonna let us have some alone time?"

"Don't act like you don't like them. You sneak in chocolates for the children too!" she laughed.

"Well, I'm didn't say I don't."

"But you were suspicious of joining the society, weren't you?"

"Ofcourse, it was bad in the building. And a society full of survivors like us?" he muttered, "If I get my hands on the son of a bitch who sold us out to the military."

Y/N waited for him to join her. She held his hand and squeezed it. "I'm sure Eunyu is fine. We both know how strong she can be. We will find her someday, okay?"

"Okay," he said.

They walked out of the mall and looked at their surroundings. They found a place for survivors like them. For half monsters. It wasn't known to the military ofcourse. But there was no doubt that someday they were going to have a war of some sorts. 

"Oh yeah," he said, pulling her hand as she felt something cold slide in her fingers. A ring with a ruby stone shone in her finger. She gasped and looked at him, who was staring at her with a smile. 

"Marry me," he said, "you've got no choice."

Y/N laughed and squeezed his hands, "I don't have the intention to leave you with a moment of peace."

"So...about that baby-"

"Not now Eunhyuk," she chuckled as they walked together, hand-in-hand. There was no control of how their lives are gonna turn out. But what they can do as of this day is what counts. One last time? Sure. If that what it takes to enjoy every second they have together.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚 | 𝙴𝚞𝚗𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚔 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 🎉