You frowned as you heard your door open, you had only been gone for seven minutes, your time wasn't up yet.

'Dad, I'm still getting ready' you complained brushing through your hair

'Oh sorry' you turned around, Jennie was standing at the door 'I can see this is not the bathroom'

'Clearly' you rolled your eyes, you were too tired for this

'Can you show me? the directions your dad gave me were a little confusing'

'Down the hall, first door to your left'

'Thanks'

Jennie left the room, you watched as she did so, liking the view that pencil skirt was giving you but you felt weird knowing that you had just had your first interaction with her, something as simple as that.

You made your way down to the dining room, carefully placing your foot on each stair like a child in attempt to stall.

'What are you doing?' you saw Jennie standing at the top of the stairs behind you

'I don't know' you coldly stated

'I don't want to marry you' Jennie bluntly said, her face expressionless 'I thought I'd get that out of the way while we're not in front of our dads'

'Neither'

Jennie walked down the stairs, getting closer to you

'I don't like you either' Jennie frowned 'you're exactly like how the news articles made you out to be'

'Whats that supposed to mean?'

'Do you work Y/n? Do you contribute anything to your wealth or do you just live off daddy's money'

'I-im um learning the ropes' you stuttered not liking being put on the spot 'why are you being such a bitch?'

'I don't like private school socialites'

'Fucking hell, I'm not Serena Van Der Woodsen, you don't know anything about me do you?'

'I don't need to, your appearance earlier told me everything I needed to know'

You snarled, unhappy with this interaction, sure from Jennie's instagram you could sense the coldness seeping off of her but you didn't think she'd be this prejudiced, you knew Jennie was wrong and misjudging you but you weren't even being given the chance to prove her wrong.

'Are you forgetting you're rich too? You're one of the wealthiest families in the country'

'I'm different to you, I never went to private school, I grew up of average income until the business started to grow, girls like you have teased me my entire life, I may have money but I don't have the status'

'So you think you're better than me? Just because we had a different upbringing; you don't even know me, might I add I know what those girls are like, they teased me as well, I have a dad who works in fashion and on top of all that I like girls, I'm an easy target'

'At least the media treats you nice with your headlines, I'm assuming your dad has a good legal team and knows how to sue whereas they can get away with calling me a slut every five seconds for doing things that every teenager does'

'I mean its your fault for getting caught, thats how trashy tabloids work'

'Did your mother never teach you basic empathy?'

That comment hurt.

'My mothers dead' you muttered your head looking to the ground, while its all you'd ever known sometimes you wished you had a mum, you felt empty on mothers day, seeing all the other girls in elementary make their mothers cards and little edible chocolate baskets in class made you feel left out. You couldn't even watch Mamma Mia without feeling like there was an empty space inside you, whenever the slipping though my fingers scene came on you'd turn off the TV, you would never get to experience the feeling of your mum helping you get ready before your wedding, all you had was your father- he was great, you loved him more than anything but sometimes he just didn't get it, there were things you felt only your mothers would understand.