Perhaps the fact of being still alive, the two of us, after seventy years of freezing is a sign that fate wanted to give me. Maybe our time has come and I don't want to waste any more time..

"Yes, I love him"

And I was honest, after years, I finally realized I love him..

"So tell him, don't wait for the person you love to slowly die without knowing, while you have kept inside what you wanted to say."

I kissed Natasha on the cheek and ran out of my room. I didn't care if I was still in pajamas, I couldn't wait any longer, he had to know I loved him.

When I entered the hall, I didn't pay attention to who was present, nor if people were looking at me..because my gaze was looking for a single person. I walked over to him, I hadn't seen him for weeks now. But when I saw him lean towards the girl by his side and kiss her passionately, I froze, hurt and humiliated.

I tried to back away, without letting me notice from him, but he turned to me and smiled at me. "Nice dress y/n" he said sarcastically, approaching me as he was hand in hand with that woman.

"Oh so you are the famous y/n, Steve told me so much about you, I'm Sharon Car-" I interrupted her "I'll be honest with you, I don't care" I replied without looking at her. My eyes were focused entirely in the void. "With permission" i said this and I left.

I walked up the stairs of the building we were in, until I reached the roof. The sky looked like a painting covered with stars and silence was essential in that moment. But suddenly the door opened, revealing the figure of Steve.

"Can you explain to me why you behaved in this way?" he asked me in a tone of reproach "oh Steve, sorry, did your girlfriend start crying? It wasn't my intention" I said sarcastically, walking a little farther away from him. I didn't feel like arguing, because I could have said things I didn't really think.

I tried to get back inside, but he blocked me by the arm. "Why can't you be happy for me? Do I ask a lot from my best friend?" he said and I laughed "your best friend Steve?" I kept laughing while he nodded" if I were really your best friend, I would have known that you had a girlfriend, why didn't you tell me about it?"

 "Why can't you be happy for me? Do I ask a lot from my best friend?" he said and I laughed "your best friend Steve?" I kept laughing while he nodded" if I were really your best friend, I would have known that you had a girlfriend, why didn't you ...

"I didn't think you cared" he said sitting on the floor "you're a fool then, if you thought such a thing" I sat down beside him.

"Y/n.." he called me after moments of silence "mmh" I replied looking at him.

"I loved you deeply for years" he said and then gave me a smile "I could say that I lost my dignity and my worth the moment I fell in love with my best friend's girlfriend and in all the moments I hoped for you could notice me"

"Steve" I tried to speak but he interrupted me "You're not my best friend, you're right, but only because I can't see you this way. Because, when I look at you, I see the woman of my dreams; when I am near you I would just like to kiss you; when i think about my future i want you to be there".

"Steve" I tried to speak again.

"And I'm selfish, I know, but I think God has given us another opportunity for the two of us and I would like to make the most of it with you"

"Steve" I insisted "tell me"

I took his face with my little hands and kissed him, although he kissed me that time 70 years ago, for me this was our first kiss.

-

Let me know if you liked the chapter and if you want me to continue the story :)