Tsunami (Buck)

Buck and I have been watching Christopher all day since he's been off of work due to his injury with the fire truck. We both decided that we'd take him to the carnival and after nearly all day running around and going on rides we were having our lunch by the pier.

"Have you had a good day?" Buck asked taking a seat on the bench in between Christopher and I.

"I loved it. Thank you Buck, Thank you y/n." He beamed as he took a bite of his burger. We sat there for another couple of minutes chatting until I seen something unusual with the water.

"Hey Buck" I tapped his shoulder getting his attention as other people gathered around the railing of the pier looking at the water. "What's that" I pointed over. He walked up taking a closer look.

"Y/N RUN!" He shouted as he turned around and began running. He picked up Christopher and grabbed my hand as we ran as fast as we could away from the pier.

We were cold and drenched after the tsunami hit taking refuge on top of a fire engine. "Here grab him" I lifted Christopher up for Buck to pull onto the truck then he pulled me up too. We sat there for a while huddled together praying that someone would find us soon. The water was extremely high and the currents were way too powerful for us to swim to safety. Besides all that it was too risky as another wave could hit at any time.

"Help!" We heard a faint scream from somewhere close around us, Buck stood up trying to find where it was coming from until he seen a woman hanging onto a lamppost.

"Keep each other safe I'll be back real soon" I was about to protest him leaving us but it was too late. His instinct to save people was already in full kick and he jumped into the water. Christopher and I watched closely as Buck helped the woman towards the truck.

"Buck!" I screamed as I seen the second wave rushing in. Everything happened so quickly and the next thing I remember was being underwater. "Christopher!?" I called out when I realised he wasn't with me. My head was throbbing and when I looked down at my hands I was bleeding really bad. I must have banged my head really hard when I was hit. "Christopher?" I tried calling again trying my best to walk through the water. I made my way over to one of the groups of people walking through the streets. "Excuse me?"

"Whoa that looks pretty bad, are you okay miss?" A man asked taking my arm to steady me, I felt extremely dizzy and sick at this point but I needed to find Christopher and Buck.

"Have you seen a little boy? He's got cerebral palsy and he had glasses. Red glasses." I stuttered over my words feeling really faint.

"Hey, you're not well" the man steadied me again as I began to fall losing consciousness for a second. "You need medical help"

"No I need Christopher" I tried to walk away but I couldn't "my fiancé, Buck. I need Buck and Christopher" I spoke and then everything went black.

Bucks POV
"Y/n! Christopher!" I called out searching for my fiancé and my best friends son. I should never have left them on the truck alone, I just hope they're together and somewhere safe. I walked down the street going god knows where asking everyone I went by asking if they'd seen anything. "Christopher!" I called when I noticed that his glasses were stuck in the water on a branch of a tree. My heart dropped as I continued to search with no avail.

Hours had passed and it was getting dark. I had no sign of Christopher or y/n. I was told there was a pop up medical tent so I headed there. I searched the black casualty tent and felt slight relief when I didn't find them. 'But they could still be out there, anywhere'. I was about to go in and search the tent till I seen Eddie stood outside talking to another medic. I wanted to run but I also wanted to tell him what had happened but I had no choice when he had already seen me.

"Buck?" He walked up to me confused as to why I was there at first. "Where's Christopher?" He asked.

"We we're at the pier. Me him and y/n" I explained "we where there when the tsunami hit. I got us safe but there was a second wave. I lost them" I began to worry about his reaction as I looked up to see his rubbing his hands over his face.

"Buck" he groaned throwing his head back in frustration. His eyes became watery fast but before I could say anything else I was tapped on the shoulder.

"Are you Buck?" An older woman asked me. As I turned around she was holding Christopher. A weight off my shoulders had been lifted knowing he was ok. "He's been asking for a Buck all the way here" she let out a chuckle as Eddie took him from her.

"Thank you so much" Eddie shook the woman's hand before she left and reality hit that I still hadn't found y/n.

"Y/n" I whispered to myself feeling the weight slam straight back down on me. "I need to find her" I turned to walk away to go find y/n but Eddie had stopped me.

"You can't go back out there alone"

"I can't leave her to die Eddie, she's my fiancé" I raised my voice without meaning to.

"I NEED HELP!" A man shouted as he ran though with someone in his arms. He looked tired and scared screaming for help. Eddie and I immediately ran over to aid the person lying her down onto a spare bed that was out and when I took a look at her properly it was her. My fiancé.

"Y/n? What happened?" I asked the man who had brought her here.

"She was looking for a boy, Christopher I think. But she collapsed. I brought her here and she's been in and out of consciousness" he explained as Eddie began doing checks over her.

Y/n POV
I woke up with a banging headache and feeling like death overall. I looked around and noticed I was in a medical tent, the memories of the tsunami came back quickly and I immediately began to panic.

"Christopher?" I called trying to get out of bed but I was stopped.

"Y/n, stay laid down. Christopher is safe." Eddie laid me back down.

"Eddie? I'm so sorry, I tried finding him I did I promise." I cried taking his hand. "Where's buck is he here too?" I asked and just like magic he was next to me too.

"I'm here don't worry"

This was quite long. I changed the story a bit from the episode but I didn't know how to end it.

Hope you enjoy the story. Feel free to send requests if you want. You can comment or send me a message and I'll try get as many done as I can. If you want to be kept anonymous please message! X