Chapter 25_Pain in the ass

2pm, 2 fucking pm.

That's what the time says and I'm just waking up.

It's not like I've got anything important to do but, Blaine and Stella are around, and are expecting me to come down for breakfast around eight and I was here sleeping.

If I was at home, I won't have a problem with this but, in someone else's house, it's probably considered bad manners.

Mom would probably make a huge deal about this, she's always on about being disciplined outside the house.

My dad was always the friendlier one, he was the cool kind of dad, I always liked my friend seeing him around me, and.........

Anyway, It's not like I can tell Stella what kept me up at midnight.
I still sat lazily on my bed, gazing at the sunlight that peeped through my slightly opened curtains, making that part of the room look like a spotlight.

I yawned loudly before crawling of the bed.
I didn't really feel like dealing with water this morning so, I only brushed my teeth and splashed my face with water.

I found something homey to wear in my closet and braided my hair into two.

I need to go downstairs to inform Stella that I'm still alive and get food also.
I wonder if Dre was still asleep too.

As I climbed down the stairs, the house seemed empty and usually quiet, I wasn't not sure why.

I made my way to the kitchen, glancing around hoping to find someone else in sight but, there was no one until I got to the kitchen.

"Hey" I drawled in a perpetually tired voice, my eyes darting to Dre, who stood in front of the cooker, flipping pancakes like a pro. Show off.

He was wearing a white wife beater and grey sweatpants.

His braided hair, briefly reminded me of last night, I'm surprised he didn't take it out.

It looked even better in daylight but, the slight marks on his face indicated he'd just recently woken up.

  Still stood at the door, I crossed my arms over my chest, watching him flip the pancakes.

I was surprised at how swift he was able to move his wrist because, it was the same wrist he slitted last night, he is indeed tough. Why is he cooking anyway?.

"Hii" Dre moves his head to greet me with a a small smile that actually reached his eyes, I can never get used to that.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked with a knowing smile still flipping pancakes as he spoke to me. Talk about overconfidence.

I was about to reply, when I was blessed with the opportunity of seeing flipping pancakes land on his face.

My mouth formed an 'o' as I stifled a laugh, look where over confidence got him.

I don't know whether Dre was shocked or he didn't want to see my reaction if he removed the pancakes from his face but, that gave me the opportunity to swipe out my phone from my back pocket and take a quick picture.

The sound of my phone clicking made Dre snatch the pancakes from his face.

For a second there, I thought he enjoyed being a muse.

I swiped on my phone looking proudly at the picture I've taken then, bursted into a full laughing fit.

"You didn't take pictures of me, did you?" Dre switched of the gas before walking over to me slowly.

It was pretty intimidating but I stood my ground. I stretched out my phone so he can get a good view of the picture I took and I noticed him cringe at the picture making me giggle.