Chapter 19_ why are you everywhere

I don't know if this happens to only me. When you have an issue with somebody you seem to see them more often.

It's like they are everywhere.  like the universe keeps trying to remind you of your differences or maybe it's just saying "cut out the shit and bury the hatchet".

The same is happening with Dre and I. The situation just makes me wanna yell ' why are you everywhere?' Since that night at the party we didn't speak to each other again. Although it's just been three days it feels like more, and the idiot wouldn't just swallow his stupid ego and come talk to me, I don't even know what I want him to say, but it would be nice if he showed some effort.

It's not helping that he seems to be everywhere I go. The kitchen,  the living room, Diana's room. I wouldn't be surprised if I found him in my bathroom, or maybe just maybe, he's stalking me, it seems impossible though.

I was so happy the morning we became actual friends, well before he spoilt it by saying we were just acquaintances, because I wasn't here for work anymore, and I've never been more idle I'm my entire life, I'd go back home but mum is still on her vacation and I promised Stella to stay, till her fashion shows over.

I went to the kitchen where I saw Rose putting some cartons of milk into the fridge, I trust that she knows more than I can imagine, she lived here throughout the whole ordeal.

"Hey Rose, can I talk to you?" I asked sitting on a stool behind the counter. Rose closed the fridge then faced me a smile plastered across her face.

"Sure, honey" she says her forehead folding as she spoke. "Um, I kinda found out about Dre" I started, fiddling with my thumb, for some reason I couldn't look her in the eye and say all these, maybe it's because some part of me just can't help but think I might have gotten the whole situation wrong even though it's as clear has crystals.

Rose face etched into a frown as she looked thoughtfully.

"What exactly did you find out?" she asked picking her words carefully. I nervously tuck some strands of hair behind my ear, this topic was pretty delicate.

"That he might have harmed someone" I put, in the least offensive way I could fathom, it didn't sound nice but it's way better than saying he murdered someone I'm not sure how true that is yet until I have a proper conversation with Dre, I know there's more than enough proof to back up this point, but I've also heard of people who rot in jail for things they know absolutely about.

Rose chuckled a bit before shaking her head, "harmed" she pronounces softly as if she was sure that's not the word I meant to use.

"I could have sworn he didn't do it, heck, I still stand on it today" she remarks grabbing a napkin and rubbing it against the counter absentmindedly.

"But I was proven wrong when he admitted to it" she continued, "he was a very sweet boy, he stopped talking to me once, when he was younger, because I killed a cockroach".

She laughs at the memory.
"He said I claimed an innocent life, and someone tells me he murders, that's just hard to believe, but well...".

It made me glad to see how much trust Rose had in Dre. With the way she spoke she was obviously more than a housekeeper to this family. Unfortunately Stella doesn't seem to mirror Rose's trust and that must hurt Dre if he didn't actually do it.

I keep thinking about possibilities he didn't murder someone, when reality is right in front of me and it is the fact that he murdered someone, but I can't be blamed, I mean I'm crushing on the guy so any chance there is that he didn't do what he's accused of, I'll take it.
I still really want him to talk to me.