" Kaori, do you want any-" I cut her off.

" Sorry grandmother, I'm already off schedule, I have to go." I told her while kissing her cheek. " I'll see you later. " I said as I raced out of the door.
............................................................................................................................................

I had just barely made it to my class when the late bell rang, I trudged to my seat, all out of breath, and I sat down in my seat in the back by the window and I put my head on my desk.

"Kaoru took to long again?" I heard a gentle deep voice ask me.

I looked up into baby blue eyes.

" What do you think?" I replied back.

" Hey, don't get sassy with me, it's not my fault you can't beat your sister to the bathroom."

" If I wanted your opinion on the matter haru, I would have asked for it." I said to him.

He smirked at me and and pushed some of his silver hair out of his eyes.

" Yeah, but as long as we've known each other, I would have thought by now you would know that I'm going to give my opinion whether you like it or not." He said while turning back around in his seat that's directly in front of mine.

I rolled my eyes at him and my mind wondered back to how we became friends in the first place.
............................................................................................................................................

Flashback

No pov

Twelve year old kaori walked through the garden of the middle school she's attending, her sister was hanging out with her new friends, she tried to get kaori to hang out with them, but she quickly objected, now she was walking along the sidewalk admiring the plants, it was lunch time, but kaori wasn't particularly hungry today, so she decided to just walk around the school until lunch was over.

As kaori was walking around, she heard a noise coming from inside of the empty gym, she quietly walked to the gym door and peeked her head inside, her eyes widen just a fraction as she stared at the four boys crowding around one boy who was on the floor curled up in the fetal position.

" This is what happens to freaks who speak out of terms!" one boy yelled while kicking the boy on the ground in the stomach.

" Hahaha kick em again sadao!" another boy exclaimed.

He was getting ready to kick him again when kaori burst through the door, her facial features calm, she started to slowly walk over to the group.

" I thought you were a teacher or something, but no, it's just the schools freak." the boy name sadao said.

Kaori said nothing to him, her face never contorted into anger, she simply continued to walk over to the group.

" The only reason why we haven't done you in like this freak here is because of your hot sister. " he said.

Kaori stopped her movements at that comment, her eyes slightly glaring at sadao.

" Once your sister is mine, and I have her trust, I'm gonna torture the hell out of you, and your sister will never know." He said laughing, while the rest of his group joined in. " I'm gonna make your life a living he-

Sadao didn't get to finish his sentence, kaori had run up and punched him square in the face, knocking him on the ground, he looked up at her with shock written all over his features, but it was quickly replaced by raging anger. Sadao got back up on his feet, and ran at kaori, attempting to punch her, but she caught his fist and brought her foot up, kicking him in the head, sending him flying backwards on to the floor again.