All grown up

Kaori's Pov

" Kaori, kaoru, get up, time to get ready for school!! "

I got up out of my bed, ready to get ready for school.

I went over to my closet and pulled out my uniform, I sighed, I was never one for skirts, but the school I go to, it's mandatory for me to wear it. I walked over to my bed and sat my uniform on my bed and I went over to my dresser and I pulled out my undergarments. I looked over at the digital alarm clock that sat by my bedside and it read 6:00am, grandmother wakes us up earlier than usual, so we can get ready on time, it always takes kaoru a long time to get ready, which delays my time in getting ready, my eyes widen in realization as I rushed to my bed and grabbed my uniform and dashed out of my room, I ran down the hallway, when I saw the bathroom slam shut and kaoru's laughter filled my ears.

" You know you gotta be faster than that if you want to get to the bathroom before me kaori." I heard kaoru say through the other side of the door.

I sighed loudly.

"Just hurry up!" I yelled through the door.

I heard her laughing again as I turned around and walked back to my room, I walked in my room and threw my clothes back on my bed and walked to my window { a/n: Kaori has kagome room, Kaori has grandpa higurashi's old room.} and gripped the crescent moon pendent that hung around my neck and I looked up at the star filled sky.

10 years had past since I last saw my mother, the promise I made to her still rings clearly in my head, I'm hell bent on fulfilling my promise to bring my mother home. A lot of things has changed, my Hii-ojiichan died three years ago of an heart attack, and my obaasan has been getting sick alot lately, my relationship with my sister has been faltering, were not as close as we use to be, I've been so busy with my training and studying, that I hardly have time for her anymore, so she's found a new friend, a girl named nao, I don't like her at all, she's always sweet and innocent when kaoru is around, but the minute she turns her back, she acts like a complete bitch, but anyways, I've been taking all kinds of self defense classes, I keep my head in the books, mostly books about feudal Japan, I'm trying to learn about everything that goes on in the feudal era so I can be prepared.

When kaoru and I were younger, we understood that our mother was taken away, but we didn't understand why, it all happened so sudden, one minute we were in her arms, the next minute were at the bottom of the well crying our eyes out, when we turned thirteen, obaasan filled in all of the gaps, she told us that we were in the feudal era, she informed us of who the people we met were, inuyasha, she told us that inuyasha was the only one who was able to come through the well, she said that mother always told her stories about sango, miroku, shippo, and even the little demon cat kirara, so she told us about them, she also told us about our necklaces, how mother put a charm on them so it suppresses our demon nature.

Banging on my door brought me out of my thoughts.

" Yes? " I called out.

" I'm finished now, the bathrooms all yours." I heard kaoru say through my door.

I rolled my eyes, she probably used all of the hot water.

" OK. " I replied back.

I looked over at the alarm clock and saw that it was now 6:35am, which only leaves me with twenty-five minutes to take my shower and get dressed, I sighed again and walked over to my bed and grabbed my uniform and undergarments, I walked out of my room and down the hall to the bathroom.
............................................................................................................................................

I finished brushing the tangled curls out of my hair, my grandmother said that my curly hair was about the only thing that I inherited from my mother, I walked out of the bathroom, after putting my dirty clothes in the hamper, and I walked back to my room to grab my backpack and my phone, I looked at the time and realized that I wasn't going to have time to eat breakfast, it was 7:02am, I grabbed my backpack and phone and raced out of my room and down the stairs.