8

Skyler

I wake up startled by the alarm on my phone. I want to reach for the bedside table next to me, but then I realize I'm lying on the couch. It takes a while, but then I finally found my phone and I can turn off the alarm. "Samantha you need to wake up". Samantha lies on top of me and shakes her head. I don't know how we got to this position. I'm on my back and Samantha is on her stomach on top of me, with her head on my chest. "Yes, come. Otherwise we will be late". When I say that, she will lie down even more comfortably. "Please Sky, ten more minutes." I get a smile on my face and wrap my arms around her. I actually expected that she didn't realize how and who she was lying with, but from that comment she knows that damn well. And I don't know why, but that makes me feel good. "I'll give you five more minutes, Sammy. I don't feel like rushing." Now she raises her head and looks at me with a smile. Then she puts her head back. "You can call me that often." I feel my cheeks turn red as I only now realize what I called her. "If you skip the shower. Then we can stay like this for half an hour." I can laugh at that comment. "Maybe that's not even a bad idea. Did you get some sleep?" I feel her nod. "Great. I will set my alarm clock in half an hour, but then we really have to get up when it goes off. And then you go make coffee and I jump in the shower very quickly". She nods again and I set my alarm. I also close my eyes for a moment and gently stroke Samantha's back. Pretty soon after that her breathing is completely calm and I think she fell asleep again. Miraculously, we arrive at school on time without rushing too much.

The rest of the week is also going well. I was afraid that things might get weird between me and Samantha. After we woke up together like this on Wednesday, but luckily nothing has changed. Although that is not quite the case. We get along better and better, there is a good click. It's really weird how that can happen after a few days, but it seems like we've known each other for years. There is a lot of laughter in the house and she also seems to be making some steps with mathematics. What I also really like is that there is nothing different at school. There she is just a student just like everyone else. I'm just a little concerned because I don't think she's slept very well for the rest of the week. I don't want to intrude, so I won't bring it up. I hope she will come to me one day and then I hope I can help her.

It is now Saturday afternoon. I lie in the hammock enjoying the weather. "Will you come in too?" Samantha asks from the pool. "No i don't like to swim". When I say that, Samantha comes out of the water and takes a seat on a lounger. "Why not?". I sigh once. "I don't like showing my body that much." She looks at me surprised. "Sorry, but I don't get that. There's nothing wrong with your body." I give her a little smile. Now might be the time to say it. If I keep putting it off, it's only going to feel worse. "I have scars that are then visible". I say with a sigh. "Where are they and how do you get them?". I'm still thinking about whether this is really the right time, but I have to. "Wait here. I have something for you. Then I'll explain it to you."