32. The Psychopath

Start from the beginning

She was scared and she felt nauseous.

*

Present time,
The Cairngorm Mountains

Simon didn't want to run away. He knew the police would be coming after him soon, it was high time. Yesterday morning he exited his London flat and jumped in his range rover, driving up to Scotland minutes before the police went and checked the flat.

The flat had some incriminating evidence in it... He didn't care, they could arrest him all they wanted.

Johnson's Electronics is in bankruptcy and facing lawsuits now. Bernard Johnson was dead. The truth would soon be out. His plan was almost accomplished.

The second part of it actually needed him to get arrested. He had to save Ariana.

He had to pull her out of the darkness...Or at least be the one to kill her...

Her...The love of his life.

So he stood up on the highest slope of that part of the Cairngorm range, watching the beautiful landscape, all dipped in snow. The slopes descended such enormous distances below him that it seemed unreal, and he smiled a gorgeous, full-lipped smile.

Let those cops come. He pulled a piece of paper, a small filter from his purse, and his weed sack where he had some fine-ground cannabis. He rolled a decent joint right there in the wilderness of snow and watched over the slope like an eagle. Other people were skying down there.

Would he ever get to sky again? At least just once, with Ariana?

Despite all the people he's killed, Simon Taylor a.k.a Tay didn't regard himself as a psychopath. He felt things, at least to an extent... He had a conscience.

He was thinking then of his late half-brother, Archie Carolan, that died here, in these mountains...

The one that got away, originally.

Archie and him had the same father, but different mothers. Somehow Archie didn't inherit the memory-erasing superpower curse.

So their father let him into his mother's custody, with whom he had just a slight affair about which Simon's mother never knew.

The memory erasing power ran through the blood of his father, Jackson Taylor, and for all they knew, they weren't the only ones possessing it. Johnson's Electronics had been trying to produce chips that could electronically, scientifically, activate this power in other humans. In this world, it was the first case of superpower ever noted, and for Johnson's Electronics it was the road to a new era.

They were in only for the money, though. And they were very corrupt and sick-minded. They killed Simon's whole family, except for his mother, who didn't posses these powers, and his half-brother Archie.

Now Simon was the only one who possessed those powers, and it aided him a lot in his revenge career. If he died, the curse would end, and he was probably going to die soon...

But somehow he wanted these powers inherited, he was thinking as he started walking towards a slope marked with two black diamonds, for advanced skiers. It was very long and steep, but he was thinking he'd travel down all the way and take the lift back. Wherever the cops would approach him, he had to turn his head and smile.

He bent his knees and skied right down the slope, thinking of Alstromeria Johnson, Ariana's mother. He thought she'd be more at ease in heaven now. Somehow, he swerved and turned around stopping right on the safest landing he saw, unable to finish his route to the end.