Chapter 24 - Sellout

Makoto was just a block away from the cemetery now. He saw five cop cars drive through the gate. He had no idea what was happening.

In the cemetery, Officer Mike finds more cops heading to the center. After a short while, some officers put the beggar's body in a body bag and put it in the trunk of a car. One cop car left the cemetery, to handle the body. There were six cop cars left, including Yoshi's and Mike's.

Meanwhile, Yoshi didn't take his eye of the four.

YOSHI: It's a shame, that you all had to go out like this.

One of the helpers slowly got up. Yoshi punched them down.

YOSHI: You're not getting away that easily.

HELPER 1: Man, you think you're so cool huh. Coming up with all these assumptions...

Yoshi didn't respond.

HELPER 1: You assumed that it would be just us four. You didn't think that there could be even more of us. And we could be killing your little officers. Haha, they're nothing to us. We can take all of you easily, and, want to know something else. We're cool with the m-

Another one of the helpers smacked him and grabbed his ear. It was the female one.

HELPER 2: What are you doing?! Don't tell all of our business like that! Don't sell us out after we came this far!

HELPER 3: Can we all just get along...

YOSHI: One of you sound familiar...

HELPER 1: You don't understand. We could all come together ambush all the cops. They suck at their job.

Yoshi punched both of the loud helpers. Not even realizing that something was wrong.

HELPER 3: ...

HELPER 1: You know I can't control my hyperness. acting like we're experienced at this. We're only students of Sundeen High!

YOSHI: ...

Everyone was silent for about ten seconds. Then Yoshi jumped up and realized.

HELPER 2: Shit.

YOSHI: Wait a minute, where's the killer?

The helpers laughed.

HELPER 1: He ran now! He left while we were arguing! All of that was just an act. The killer is gone! Haha!

YOSHI: What!

Yoshi ran towards the center, where everyone was. While the helpers were laughing in the background.

YOSHI: That's it! I had enough of holding back. Once I see the killer, I'm killing him. I don't care.

Yoshi ran as fast as he could. Hoping everyone would be alright.

Meanwhile, multiple cops were gathered in the center talking. Officer Mike points to the direction to where his captain ran.

MIKE: Vice Captain Lillias. Captain Yoshi is in that direction. Dealing with the killer, and his helpers.

LILLIAS: Then what are we waiting here for. We choose to fight!

MIKE: Got it. We must avenge Officer James too.

LILLIAS: We'll avenge everyone that the killers have killed.

Suddenly, an officer was shot. Everyone was shocked and confused.

LILLIAS: What the hell? Everyone, we're being attacked! Scatter! Find the attacker and don't hesitate to shoot!

The cops scattered left and right, looking for the killer.

Meanwhile, outside of all the action. Makoto was heavy breathing. He had finally made it to the cemetery.