Flustered gus 😵‍💫

Start from the beginning

Suddenly mattholomule starts laughing, I look down embarrassed that he had laughed at me. I looked back up to see the little Gus illusions they were all climbing on him. I giggle a little at my own illusions but remember there were 3 last time I checked. I look down to see one of them in mattholomules hand and he was looking up at him blushing. WAIT WHAT. "has he been doing that the whole time he was with you?!?!" I needed answers now. Matt stopped laughing and looked confused then had an expression of realisation. He brought the third Gus up to his face. "Yep every time I had even talked to the little guy he would freak out" I felt my heartbeat get faster. "Also watch this!" He added I watched him as he brought the little Gus closer to his eyes but turned him to the side so that he could whisper something into his ears.

Once mattholomule had whispered whatever he said, the Gus fell over into his back and hid his face. But I could tell that he was flustered. Anyone could tell if an illusion of them self was flustered. "What did you say to him?" I asked. Suddenly matt looked like he was going to blow a fuse, He was extremely red. I leaned over to him to get a better look at his face but he looked back up at the exact time and our faces were so close we were nearly touching. My face got hotter. I had a tinge of blush dusting my cheeks from just being around him before. But now they were blazing red. Suddenly I hear a high pitched scream from the trees and I suddenly look over, so does Matt.

There was Luz standing in the trees with a bunch of twigs in her hair. She was happy though. I realise what was going on and my face flushed. "LUZ! AhAhaH what are you doing here!" I say awkwardly. "Oh nothinggg~ I fell from the trees above accidentally. Don't ask". she said and put her hand up in a stop position. "I knew it! You guys are on a date. I knew you guys had feeling toward each other!" She adds. Both our faces get red again. "WhaT nO." I scream with a bunch of voice cracks that don't really prove my point. "You guys looked like you were about to kiss-" she said in a little bit of a weird way. "wait we did?" Matt asks and she nods her head. I look over at him and see he had the same idea. We looked at each other for a while and then looked back to luz. Matt opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off. I said the first word and hesitated.. should I do this.? "Yes..... we.. we are on a date!" I yell I look over at matt to see he has wide eyes and a tint of pink on his cheeks. I hear Luz  scream again.

I lean over to Matt and whisper into his ear. "Just follow my lead. She thinks we are dating, we need to make sure she doesn't know we aren't." It's a complete lie, I just wanted to be near him. He blushed and nods at me and looks at Luz then my hand. Suddenly I feel him grab my hand. I nearly explode, my heart is going to explode. "Yeah we Are." I didn't expect him to actually go along with it. But I took it as my chance to hold his hand and squeezed it tighter, He looked over at me and I smiled at him. I didn't even notice the bright red painting his face- who am I kidding I totally noticed.

Maybe I actually have a chance with him. Suddenly he let go of my hand and went to put his in his pocket. The one I had put the letter in. I realised and grabbed his hand again, "haha maybe don't put your hand in that pocket! Use your other arm and put it in that pocke- oh wait I'm so sorry you have a broken arm." Well this just got awkward. Luz cracked up laughing, and I had looked at the ground. "Why Not Augustus Porter?" He used my full name, I'm going to die. "Oh haha no reason. Just wanna hold your hand!" I used the excuse of 'we were pretend dating for Luz' to hold his hand.

"Give me my hand. I wanna see what you have" I quickly let go of his hand and grabbed the paper out of his pocket. "I changed my mind I don't want you to see this." I yelled in a sort of joke way. Suddenly Luz grabbed the paper and since she was taller I couldn't get it back. I fell on the floor and my face was hotter than before. She gasped and giggled while reading it, I knew what she was going to say. It's over for Gus she was going to read it wasn't she. Suddenly she put the paper back into My hands. "Don't worry matt doesn't have to see that. You guys shouldn't fake being on a date though, not that I got it from that I just knew" she wasn't the best liar but I could tell Matt fell for it. "How did you know?" Matt asked. "I date a Cotton candy haired goddess who would go red all over her face whenever she was around me. I have experience of what it actually looks like. You think I didn't notice?" She replied.

"Well.. you did look like you thought it was real."  He added. I kept looking at the paper then Matt. "Hey Luz can I talk to you about something? Without matty- sorry. Matt." I blush since I had accidentally called him matty. She nodded and we walked a little bit away from Matt, Him still in sight though. "So... I was planning on giving this to him.. but I don't know if I should anymore. I lost confidence" I whispered as I pointed to the note. "Gus. Trust me he likes you, from my point of view I actually thought you were dating. And when you grabbed his hand he freaked out. Now go and ask him" she whispered back to me. I thought about it for a second before deciding now was the time. Since the view was so beautiful he could use it as the setting.

I walk over to Matt and then look back at Luz. She puts her thumbs up as Matt looks confused on why she's doing that. I look him in the eyes and shoo Luz away. She takes a few steps back as if that would do anything. "Mattholomule. Here.." I say and hand him the note I had in my hands. He looks up at me and smiles, when he's opening the note my heart beats faster then ever. As he's reading it i notice his smile gets bigger. He's going to laugh at me isn't he? I look worried and look at Luz who had the biggest smile on her face. She was silently celebrating. I look at matt to see him looking straight in my eyes. "Gus. Did you give me the wrong note? This one says 'dear mattholomule. I literally just hate (not really) seeing how adorable your face is when you get flustered around me. In a good way though' I don't think that's a very good way to tell someone you like that you like them" he says and giggles a little.

"Wait it was different before.??" I said. His face dropped "oh no don't worry i still really like you. It's just that I had written it better when I actually wrote it" I added "I-I wasn't worried.." he says and smiles at me. "Sureee.." I say with a sarcastic tone. I realise I hadn't asked him out yet. "Uh so. Do you like me back?" I asked closing my eyes and cringing at what I had said. "Of course. why would I be smiling and blushing." He said and looked at me like I was stupid. Ok I probably am stupid but let's ignore that. "Ss-so do you wanna go out wi-with me?" I say trying not to stutter, obviously failing. "YES! I mean- sure" he yells and then softens his voice and tried to play it cool. I saw right through him. I scream a yay and hug him out of excitement. Luz was  screaming of happiness at this point and I was almost about to as-well. He blushed and pushes me away. "You don't have to be scared anymore matt" I say to him. "Yeah yeah I know" he says back. We had walked back to our houses together and when I got home I told my dad that I had asked him out and he liked me back. I was about to die of excitement. "I'm dating mattholomule!!!!!!!" I scream to my dad as he chuckles.

—————————————-
Geez that was quite a long story. 2523 words which is in fact the new self-record 😎. Apparently it wasn't rushed. Anyways thank you for reading this! Also I will be making a new story soon since my stories are going to end when they end up going out, but they'll be different sometimes and continue after they go out.