jungkook had came back to his mate, a bit fidgety under the curious glances of taehyung before extending the said bundle to taehyungs lap.

"this was supposed to be my final courting gift for you-" the alpha had softly said, eyes expectant at taehyung as the other carefully unwrapped the bundle to reveal fur pure white, shining with pearls.

taehyung had gasped, hands more excited now as he flitted his fingers through all the pearls lining the fur coat then looking wide eyed at his alpha.

"you made this?" taehyungs voice and eyes held so much awe, jungkook could feel all the love seeping through their bond.

jungkook nodded, then taking the coat from taehyungs hand and draping it over the others shoulders.

even jungkook got speechless that moment,
that being nothing new considering how smitten jungkook is over his mate, but still somehow taehyung always manages to blew his breath away.

jungkook swears he had never seen a sight more beautiful than taehyung- not even sun, moon or anything earthly could never match to his mate's beauty.

under the intense stare of the alpha, taehyungs cheeks turn a dusty pink, it reflecting under the shiny pearls, beautifully contrasting against the white fluff.

since jungkook couldn't really put his emotions into words, he leaned forward, cupping taehyungs jaw and connecting their lips into a sweet kiss.

"thankyou-- i love it" taehyung then shyly whispers, a bit breathless and jungkooks alpha was more than satisfied.

"i have a surprise for you too" taehyung then cheekily adds and jungkook perks up.

"what is it?" the alpha asks, shaking his head to move the raven hair infront of his eyes.

taehyung sighs, his fingers combing back the others hair just to see those twinkling eyes- "will show you tomorrow" the omega pipes,
"now come on alpha, i'm hungry" taehyung then stands up, the white fur hugging around his body.

"just tell me-" the alpha follows after him, but taehyung shakes his head, truly enjoying seeing jungkook think hard.

"is it gifts?"

"are you going to make samgyeopsal again?"

"are we finally going for a run?"

jungkook continuously voices out, taehyung giggling and shaking his head to everything as he resumes his walk.

after a hearty meal, the alpha seemed to forget about the surprise and both of them had then peacefully retired for the night.

□□□

jungkook feels like his senses had heightened more ever since he mated- its like he could pick up the slightest of taehyungs discomforts or be it any emotions.

so he wasn't at first worried when he couldn't feel taehyungs warmth close to him when the alpha was still floating under heavy sleep.

but at the feel of a sudden pang on his mating mark, jungkook jolts up the bed wide awake, eyes flitting around to find his mate.

when his ears picked up a noise from the bathroom, the alpha was up on his feet, barging inside, only to see taehyung by the sink, trembling and vomiting out his stomach empty.

jungkook was behind and holding the other up in a second, murmuring reassurings when taehyung whimpered only to throw up more,
and when taehyung finally sagged against him, the alpha helped him clean up, then lifting a tired taehyung bridal style and took him back to the bed.

hastily putting up a robe, jungkook then bolted outside, worried pheromones surrounding him as he ordered the first guard he saw to get the healer.

having heard the commotion, minsun had frantically came to check, then making a healthy soup which jungkook carefully made taehyung drink eventhough the omega protested fearing he would throw up again.

the old healer was calm as she checked the omega king, even if jungkook was pacing by the foot of the bed, clearly anxious.

"nothing to worry about. its normal--" the healer had said, "it just means the pup is gaining strength--" she then added, meaningfully glancing at the mating mark on taehyungs neck.

jungkook visibly relaxed at that and soon everyone left the mates to be alone.

the omega had then spend an hour cuddled onto jungkook, lamenting on how he was supposed to take jungkook to the surprise today morning.
the alpha just soothes the other, reassuring him that surprises can wait- that nothing is more important than taehyungs health at the moment.
and finally after an hour or so taehyungs stomach had settled enough for the other to relax.

"alpha~" he had then looked up at jungkook, eyes still red rimmed, cheeks puffy, pink hair tousled.

"i want ggul-tteok" taehyung softly says over a pout,
and honestly when taehyung looks up at him like that, looking so soft, jungkook is ready to get him anything and everything in this world.

so the alpha had trudged towards the kitchen, and had awkwardly asked a maid to prepare ggul-tteok freshly, who had happily scrambled to make it.

and in half an hour or so it was ready, looking delicious and smelling so lovely of honey syrup,
jungkook had thanked the maid, then took it carefully as he started his way through the corridor.

on the way he met namjoon and stop by just to inform that he'll be late.
"tae is feeling sick. he wanted ggul-tteok" jungkook had said, slightly lifting the container in his hand for namjoon to see.

namjoon had then chuckled.

"its just the start, brother" namjoon had shook his head, patting the others back before going his way.

jungkook blinked, feeling a bit intimidated; nevertheless he swallows the worry before resuming his way to their room.

the alpha had smiled widely as he got into the room, giving a princely pirouette before opening the container and placing it infront of taehyung.

jungkook then waits for taehyung to happily eat it- it may sound weird but the alpha had always loved to watch taehyung cutely munch on foods with his puffed up cheeks.

but taehyung just looks at the ggul-tteok, then furrowed his eyebrows
"dont want it-" he had slightly pushed the container away,

"i want tteokbokki" he then glanced back at jungkook with the same puppy eyes he had pulled before.

jungkook was momentarily confused.

"but-- you said ggul-tteok before--" jungkook trails, wondering on why taehyungs asked for a very sweet dish only to ask for a spicy food minutes later.

"--dont want it anymore" taehyung just shakes his head.

jungkook for a moment just stares at taehyung, mind reeling back to namjoons experienced words before, then looking at his mate huddled in blankets glancing at him expectantly.

he was quickly brought out of his reverie by a single sniffle from taehyung though.

"will get it!-- just gimme ten minutes" the alpha had took the container away, pressing a kiss to taehyungs cheeks before bolting out of the door.

mates are always a weakness for the alphas, especially a pregnant one at that.

looks like it really is going to be really long months for jungkook from now on.

□□□