22. the newcomers

taehyung cant remember the last time he ran like this.

was it the desperation or the remorse or the fear- he doesn't know.

he had ran to the village and just as he saw the people, who were bewilderingly looking at the frantic omega- he heaved out a- "surv-surviors" pointing to the forest.

when he and some others villagers had hurried back to the place, jungkook was still their pressing down on the gash wound on the mans shoulder, the other wolf now shifted back to human form- her unconsious body on the floor covered by jungkooks shirt.

at the first sight of jungkook and taehyung, the man had snarled, protectively hovering over the body of the female wolf, not at all trusting the strangers.

everytime he moved, more blood oozed out of his shoulder wound and he hissed.

atlast having no other choice, jungkook had to pin him down, while taehyung ran back to the village to get help.

the man, an alpha taehyung noted was restless as people took the unconsious beta girl to the village to be treated and he growled and snarled in jungkooks hold.

"w-we can help you. its okay" taehyung had murmured, albeit scared, but worrying for the two survivors.

the alpha had met taehyungs eyes and he shuddered- the man's eyes held so much pain, taehyung felt remorse. his family had done that to them.

thankfully he didn't protest much after and both the survivors were moved to the infirmary to be treated.

as always, whenever there are new survivors, the routine of the villagers get disrupted. they are too worried, too scared to see another innocent life go away infront of their eyes.

when jungkook had came out of the infirmary, there was blood all over him- even the white undershirt a shade of red.

taehyung heart nearly gave out at the sight.

"are you hurt?" the omega was near him the next moment, inspecting for any injuries.

"no, just need to clean up" the alpha had gave a smile, even through his own distress.

"i will come with you" taehyung had quickly took hold of jungkooks clean hand and the alpha didn't protest.

they weaved through the small crowd that gathered, making their way to jungkooks home.

it was silent all through.

jungkook sat on the bed head down as taehyung wiped off all the blood with a wet cloth. later the alpha changed his clothes and taehyung didn't miss a second as he cuddled onto jungkooks lap.

the silence didn't matter, they could understand each other without words. both of them just gave each other the warmth, they desperately needed.

□□□

it was dinner time, taehyung and jimin were on their way to the infirmary with food.

it was informed by the healer that both of the survivors will make it, considering they're young and agile- the village was more at ease now.

they tried to look as friendly as he can as they entered the infirmary, not all wanting to scare the newcomers further.

both of them were on their bed, bandages on their wounds, looking better than when first taehyung saw them, nevertheless they looked vary of taehyung and jimin.

the alpha was lean and muscular, a bandage covering his entire left shoulder, meanwhile the beta girl was young, had short black hair and looked so exhausted.