14. - THE AXE IN THE NECK

🌙

🌙
.

.

.

.

.
.

.
.

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

CHAPTER 14.
THE AXE IN THE NECK

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
.

.
.
.
🌙

Cora's leather-clad feet sunk into the sun-warmed sand, it would take some time getting rid of sea-legs, but she knew moving around would do the trick.

She stepped aside, gaze drifting away from the group pushing the boat up on the sand. Amadeus was one of them.

Instead Cora moved towards the few people gathering around Delta, straining her ears to catch her words over the wind.

She couldn't really decided if she was thoroughly excited or disappointed when she was told to follow Fred. It wasn't that she didn't want to be in Fred's group, it was the fact that Amadeus was assigned there as well.

With the sun setting behind them, the group of rough shadows disappeared into the dense woods. One group heading towards the entrance of the church, while the other was going to take the long way around to surround them completely.

Delta gripped her sword, focusing towards the white church far ahead, the golden cross on top of it like a beacon for them. To be fair, it was well hidden when one didn't know where to look, but the golden shine could be noticed easily once the sun rays hit it.

He gripped Ríg's elbow when the man made a move to pass by her and head straight towards the entrance doors. His eyes flashed with anger as they landed on her hand, still gripping his elbow.

"Not yet." Delta said lowly, narrowing her eyes as the man snarled silently, shaking her off but taking a small step back nevertheless. Some annoyed and weary looks followed the restless pirate as he turned back towards the entrance of the church.

Delta knew they had to wait until Fred signaled he was in position. So she raised her hand, telling everyone to settle down silently.

A few went to lookout, making sure no one would sneak up on them while Delta kept her sharp eyes drawn to the church. The birds still kept singing as a couple of monks strolled the rose garden, they were wearing brown, their backs slightly hunched.

Deltas sharp eye noticed a barrel near the door, overflowing with some kind of flowers. Though it was obvious that it was a mead barrel. She nearly rolled her eyes at the 'godly' men who thought alcohol and sex were sin.