Coming Up Confused

"Thank Hylia, all of you are safe!" Link's father cried out as he saw everyone in Kakariko Village.

Sydnei buried herself in Zelda's chest, since the Princess herself was in Link's.

"Alright, child, get off the Princess please. She's in pain." Khosha gently shooed Sydnei to her side.

Sydnei slid off and pressed her small hand onto Zelda's stomach as she had seen Link do. "Is your tummy hurting?"

"Mostly."

"Is there anything to help you feel better?"

"I don't think so, but I'll be alright." Zelda ruffled Sydnei's hair, sighing deeply. She knew that the pain in her stomach had come from the attack and resulting escape, but she didn't want to increase anyone's worry. She was still in partial shock due to her low blood level, anything else would make panic worse.

Link smiled. "She's a tough girl, Sydnei."

Urbosa chuckled. "You'd have to be to walk away after getting hurt like she did."

"What happened?" Link's father asked.

"She fought back against a Yiga that infiltrated her chambers. The Yiga soldier sliced open her shoulder and narrowly missed stabbing her in the stomach. He almost killed her baby."

"This is why we must be cautious!" King Rhoam suddenly interrupted.

"And what do we do to remedy this? Lock Zelda in a spring until she has her powers? Gee, that worked so well the last three times." Revali growled.

"Of course not. Right , Rhoam?" Urbosa snarled in his direction.

Sydnei held onto Zelda's side, hiding with her brother and sister-in-law in fear of a fight.

"Nobody is to blame!" Zelda called out, stepping large like a horse to raise her body quickly from the ground.

"Princess, please. Sit back down." Impa pleaded.

Zelda snorted in defiance, only for Link and his father to press down on her shoulders.

"Down, child. Don't let your anger steal your energy."

Her legs slowly lowered and she laid on the ground, letting loose a weary exhale while Link gently massaged her belly.

Urbosa sighed, heading over to sit by Zelda.

The room became quiet for a spell before Purah and Robbie entered the room. "Pardon us, but Impa told us of the Princess' strange phenomenon. May we come in and evaluate it?"

"As long as you don't get her worked up." Link said, glancing at Rhoam through his peripheral vision.

They entered calmly and approached Zelda slowly. "Mornin, Princess." Purah greeted. "May I see your hand?"

Zelda looked up at her, slow and exhausted.

Purah gently smiled at her. "Hey."

Zelda reached her arm out where Purah could examine it, revealing her Triforce-looking rash.

"Well! Isn't that an interesting sight?"

Link's family reacted too. "Look at that. Seems painful." His father commented.

"Where'd you get it?" Sydnei looked deep into Zelda's eyes.

"I got it while training, though I'm not sure how. The only thing we know is that it was probably from having contact with the baby while training."