Chapter 11 - Yard Patrol

Alexander

I watched as he walked in line, him and his friend strikingly noticeable among the larger men. God he looked good, his body hugged in all the right places in the uniform that did not do many man any good. Either they were far too buff for the uniform, causing them to look like pigs in a blanket, or they were fat, making the uniform, meant to instill the appearance of uniformity, look sloppy.

Payton's uniform, a size small I presumed, was perfectly steamed and buttoned to the very top. His collar was folded down, cuffs linked together, and the dress shirt tucked into his trousers. Speaking of which, framed his pump ass, which was strangely disproportionate to his body, though looked amazing.

His friend in front of him wore a smile, though it was clearly forced. He spoke in a hushed tone, keeping his eyes ahead. One could assumed the boy was speaking to himself, without Payton's occasional nod. I could not recall the boys name though I had a premonition he was bad news.

"Keep it quiet!" I shouted out. Speaking was not against the rules, though today I was not having any of it. Immediately there was a hush, save for the last minute cusses and slurs muttered toward me. After every inmate was searched and released into the yard, the door was locked. I stood on the outskirts of the track as men moved about. There were a variety of activities outside. We had a dirt track for running, tables to sit, a basketball court, and a weight area. On the opposite side there was an area for strolling about. The inmates had it better here than most other institutions, thanks to my father. Those incarcerated long enough to know him could testify that he was a good man, and I his spitting image. He cared for this prison as though it were truly his own.

I continued to watch Payton and his friend, they sat by a group of infamous men, three convicts, and my favorite officer. Payton sat by the feet of one Valse, his friend kneeling with about a foot away from the table. He looked uncomfortable. Valse was speaking to one inmate, a Marshal Willard, who looked at peace as he looked around.

Averting my eyes from the group I gazed at the other inmates. Ten hour shifts every day made this prison my world. Although it made me proud to carry out my fathers name, it had taken a toll on my social life. At the age of 29, it had been years since I'd had a girlfriend. Someone to hold, someone to be held by, someone to whisper sweet nothings into his soft blonde hair.

With that thought I was snapped from my haze. I was not gay, of that I could assure without doubt. However, looking back at the inmate that was causing my hair to rapidly grey I couldn't resist licking my lips. The small action did not go unnoticed.

"Boss? You're staring." A thickly accented voice whispered into my ear.

"It's not staring, I'm just keeping an eye on things."

"You don't get a boner while keeping an eye on things." she pointed out, causing me to quickly look down at my pants. "Made you look Boss!" she quickly said, her soft laughter quickly morphing into an almost demonic cackle, including snorting and coughing.

"Ew, that laugh. No wonder you're single." I teased, laughing along with her. Although her laugh was.....different, it was infectious.

Nikita Ivanov was a woman I had loved since my early college years. Originally from Paterson, New Jersey she had moved out west in for college. Although she had been in California for ten years, she managed to retain a stereotypical New Jersey accent. She was perhaps 5'7, tall for a woman, and although she had an overly feminine figure, she was the toughest woman I'd ever met. She was a bitch, my best friend, and my first love. Even after we'd broken up after four years, she never left my side. At this point in our lives we had a strictly platonic friendship

"You know you gonna get locked up." She spoke, giving me her most judgemental look. I was a grown man, aware of the consequences if I proceeded, through my body did not seem to realize this.

"I'm not gay." I huffed admently

"I never said you was boo." Nik winked at me, reflexively repositioning the loose locks of red hair which had fallen from her messy bun. "Just saying, don't fuck him."

Before I could reply there was shouting coming from the sitting tables. Payton was on the ground, straddling a white man. Repeatedly the small boy showered the mans face with punch after punch. The black men were standing by, looking at the altercation with worrisome looks, save for two. Valse had a look of rage on his face, as though debating joining the brawl. Marshal stood in front of Payton's friend, shielding him from possibly being pulled away in the heat of the brawl.

Nik had disappeared from my side, instead was sprinting onto the yard, taser drawn. She was shouting something I could not hear in all the chaos. There were a few male guards already ordering inmates to the ground and pulling them back, trying to reach the center of the mob. A warning shot had already been fired, alarm blaring, as officers raced to their positions, either onto the yard or up on the sniper towers. My line of vision was blocked as men blocked the way. From what I could see, those not already on the ground were forcefully taken down or tased. Thus far no shots had been fired though that could easily change.

I could not move, my feet feeling as though they were cinder blocks. I felt nauseous as the young new inmate was pulled from the brawl by Nik and another male inmate, tasered, and handcuffed. He struggled all the while, fighting for his freedom. He was cursing, and trying to reach the unconscious inmate. Nik teased him in the neck, effectively rendering him unconscious before stepping back for another male guard to lift him.

The inmates, once both fighters were taken away, one in the infirmary the other in SHU, are allowed to stand and are escorted into the prison, each searched before escorted to their cells.

"Damn Lex, you sure can pick em." Nik returned to me, breathing heavily, laying a hand upon my shoulder to balance herself.

"I wanna know the cell he's in. No one speak to him for twenty four hours and I want that inmate locked in his infirmary room until further notice.", Ignoring her I turned to the nearest guard and said. The older woman nodded, and walked off to carry the order.

"I want all those inmates on lockdown." I spoke to Nik who nodded, realizing I was no longer in a jovial mood. "Dinner inside the cells and lights out at six."

"You got it boss." She nodded and walked off. I stood, watching as inmates were escorted indoors, searched, before being escorted back. As per routine they walked side by side, though did not speaking, knowing now was not the time.

"Single line!" I shouted out "Everyone get on the white line, in single file! All eyes forward and not a sound or so help me you're in SHU for the next month!" Without another word I made my way back indoors as CO's repeated my orders.

Once in my office I felt caged in. Instinctively I punched the wall with all my might. There was no indent in the wall though I knew my had was suffering. My knuckles were bleeding.

Thank you all for reading! This chapter has been cut short in account of the holidays, I will put out the other POV sometime this week. This was somewhat of a filler chapter since we haven't heard from Alex (as someone affectionately called him lol) in a while so, here you go. I hope you all like it. The photo on the side is Raritan's recreation yard. The song is just something I like, hope y'all do too, Jumpman by Honey Cocaine ft T Rell. Im kinda upset this week since LushLaw broke up, so I need new ships! Tell me who you want to ship together:

Payton and Micheal ?

Payton and Alexander ?

Alexander and Nikita ?

Demi and Marshal ? (My favorite)

Payton and one of the guys that are working with Micheal?

DeAndre and Germane?

Five comments before the next upload, I really need opinions. Please Vote, Comment and Enjoy!!!

On a side note, I should be putting out my new story this month and Im so excited!!!!

~Chioma