Chapter 10 - Deal Me In

A/N: Next month I will be beginning writing another story. Its boyxboy though I am experimenting with a separate format.  I publish a section early in the month though it was not my best work so I took it down. I will be revising it from now on.  I look forward to you all seeing it.

Demi

He looked at peace where he sat, his hands preoccupied with shuffling the playing cards for what seemed like his hundredth round of solitaire. I sat on my own bunk, pretending to read. Marshall seemed tense, though it was no concern of mine. Today was one to be happy. Once a week we were permitted yard time. The last few weeks had been so horrid, inhibiting yard time. Today, it was a perfect temperature, from what the guards sad, and it was not raining. They'd scheduled the pod to go out around four. Currently the time was perhaps noon, causing everyone to be on edge with anticipation.

"Wanna play a game of poker? Texas hold em." I heard him say from his seat.

"Whats in it for me?"

Marshall chuckled, " How about a candy bar?"

Immediately my stomach growled in anticipation. I had to earn my own money, which was very little behind bars. As of late I had run out of commissary money completely, forcing me to invest solely on the necessities. It had been perhaps six or so months since I'd indulged in something as luxurious as chocolate, even what the prison had to offer.

"I don't have anything to bet." I said honestly. I had clothes, few hygiene products, and three books I'd been rereading over and over.

"How about you'll just do me a simple favor?" he shrugged

I almost barked in harsh laughter though contained it. “You and I both know there’s no such thing as a simple favor. What do you want?” I glared at him back, noticing how ridged he seemed to be today, far more on edge than I’d ever seen him.

“You smart.” He paused, turning around, “But you gotta know better than asking all these questions.” he stood and walked toward me, stopping in front of me, between my slightly spread legs. His hand grabbed something from below and placed it between his face and my crotch. It was a yellow wrapped bar. Licking my lips I reached for it, only to have my hand pinned down.

“Butterfingers and hershey's, if you win, a favor if I win.” He repeated his prior offer. My mind was in a daze, clouded with lust for even a sliver of chocolate paradise. I wasn’t think clearly as a nodded, relenting to playing his game.

He nodded, not as excited as i thought he’d be. He seemed nervous as climbed up to sit on the bed with me. He laid the deck of cards in the center, along with makeshift playing chips, recycled bottle caps, and began shuffling the cards.

“Three rounds of Texas hold em. “

A/N: I apologize for any inaccuracies. It was difficult to find an adult card game with only two players. I have twisted the rules the the card game I know the best. Please bare with me. Once again I apologize.

“There’s only two of us, we can’t play.” I protested, mainly because it had been years since i’d played, though I wouldn’t admit that.

“Well we are. No small or big blind. You have to show your cards when you win. If one person check, you deal only one card. Five cards in the community cards.”  he spoke as he skillfully shuffled the cards.  I eyed him carefully as he dealt our pair of cards before setting the deck to the right side of the bed.  “You get a bar for each hand you win, and if you win  ⅔ you get ten bars. I get a favor if I win a round, you can say no to it though. If I win  ⅔ you can’t say no to my second favor..” it seemed fair enough, though I had a bit of apprehension.