Chapter 26°

Mulai dari awal

4. Why would Amelia draw something like this? Something so dark, so sad, so tied down. So hollow yet filled with a thousand mute words, thoughts and feelings. What would inspire her to create art of such a heartbreaking moment?

Little did Remus know, that he wasn't entirely wrong. The little girl on the drawing was Lia herself. 

It was the day of Callums funeral. Being stuffed into a dress that resembled death and its consequences by her mother who also threw a big black hat over the head of her daughter. A little girl broken by the horrible things that life did to her. A little heart that shattered into peaces even before it even learned what these pieces would contain and take from her. A girl that was drowning in her own nightmare not being able to stay above the surface at all costs.

,,Amelia?" Remus asked when he finally snapped out of his trance and regained his ability to speak. Turning to face his friend, he saw how she wrapped her arms around her torso and her cheeks started to turn into a shade of pink, as a light breeze crossed her paths with the trees. And in this moment Remus didn't think someone could look anymore beautiful. Amelia. Her cheeks flushed. Her hair slightly messy from the wind. Her gracious hands that found her arms the crossed way. And most importantly the look of pure content on her face.

However, as soon as Lia heard Remus say her name, turning around to face him, and looked down to his hands, this look dropped. Her eyes widened as she recognized the little book and the very page that was opened. No, she thought. Please no-

,,I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to intrude your privacy-" Remus started as soon as he saw the sudden change of heart and the fear in her eyes. He knew that he probably should've closed it and said something when the book first made contact with his skin, but he found himself too caught by the drawing, that was lying under his fingers. ,,It fell open when you pulled out your scarf and this page opened I-"

Raising her gaze to finally meet the chocolate-brown eyes of Remus, she saw how his pupils widened even more and how his face was grimaced into a look of honesty, shame but intense curiosity. And Lia could imagine why. This is most definitely not a happy drawing and nothing even close. Panic rose up her stomach and tied into a tight knot, pulling on the string that was connected to her heart. She could see the questions that hid behind his eyes but he didn't dare to say aloud, just waiting for her to react or response in some way.

But she couldn't. She didn't know how. So she did the easiest and probably only thing that came to her mind. She quickly ripped the book out of his hands and closed it. Standing up, she grabbed her bag and started running away. Away from the courtyard. Away from Remus.

It all happened so quickly, that Remus didn't even get the chance to stop her or to say anymore. But as he realized how her figure got smaller the more distance she brought between them, he couldn't help but shout after her, feeling a wave of disappointment washing over him.

,,AMELIA!"

oOoOoOo

Laying in his bed, Remus stared up at the brown ceiling above.

After Amelia stormed away from him in the courtyard, Remus hadn't said a single word. After sitting under the tree in silence, closing his eyes and taking deep breaths to calm his nerves, he did finally get up and slowly walked back to the castle.