Part 17

TW: SMUT/SEXUAL INTERCOURSE 
Nick's pov:

I woke up a bit before Ellie, and today was Sunday, the day I could finally leave. There was a knock on the door and I turned to face it, the knock woke up Ellie as well. "Hey Mr. Torres, you are cleared to leave whenever you like. Remember to take it easy for a week and you are cleared to return to work at the start of next week." The nurse stepped towards my bed and handed me 2 papers. "Here are the papers for your medications. Hope life treats you well." she said with a nod then she left. 

"Good morning Nick." Ellie said with a yawn.

"Good morning." I replied.

"Are you excited to finally leave this place?" she asked and nodded fast.

"Definitely. Want to grab breakfast at the diner? I could definitely go for something that isn't hospital food."

"Sure." And with that she stood up and helped me get out of the bed. I grabbed my clothes from the corner across the room and went to the bathroom to change out of my hospital gown. Looking in the mirror lately I seemed as if I was a different person, almost the person I was before Ellie left.

I stepped out of the bathroom and Ellie walked in behind me. She took her medications from the counter and stuffed them in her purse. Then we headed to her rental car and drove to the diner. "Hey Ellie now that I'm out of the hospital, you can stop paying for this car and use mine." I suggested.

"Would you be okay with that?" She asked, only pulling her eyes from the road for a second.

"No Ellie, keep paying for this rental car and mine can sit in the driveway longer." I said sarcastically.

She turned for a second giving me a look that said 'are you serious'. That made me laugh. "I missed your sarcasm." she said monotone, and it made me smile.

"I'm sure you missed more than that." I said and she turned to look at me as I winked.

"Haha, very funny." she said sarcastically.

"Well there is your sarcasm." I say and she laughs. Her laugh was as beautiful as her. We pull into the diner, and get out, we walk in and sit at the usual booth. "Has it changed any to you?" I ask her out of curiosity.

"Not a bit and besides I've been here a few times since I came back." she said and I made an obvious curious look.

"You've been here already?" 

"Of course, I came with members of the team for lunch a few times while you were in the hospital, and besides I met Gibbs here the first day I came because he had information on where you were." She said as if all of this was obvious.

I laughed. "Well sorry." I replied  sarcastically, making her laugh with me. Then a thought hit me. "Ellie, how and when will I break to the team my decision to transfer."

"We could plan a dinner with them before I leave, but first you should call Vance and figure all this out." she responded.

"That's a smart idea, I'll call him once I get home." I said and she nodded. We both got our food and finished it quickly, then left to head back to my apartment. I had Ellie move all her stuff into my guest bedroom because I didn't want her to keep paying for that expensive hotel. She tried to decline the offer but I wouldn't let her, so she finally gave in. We get to my apartment and walk in. 

"You know Nick, this place seems less bright than it used to be. I didn't know if it was the lighting or something changed." She said more as a question.

"I changed, I got less brighter."I responded walking up to her and wrapping my arms around her from behind. "I'm so glad you're back."

"I am too, for awhile there I thought I could never come back, but then I came and I saw you seconds away from death." she paused, starting to tear up. "Nick, I couldn't leave you again. I wasn't gonna risk losing you. At first I thought it'd mean a ton of visits, but you said you wanted to move down to Florida, and now that works even better." She said and her tear stained face turned to a smile.