Chapter 1

''Your Majesty! You can't do this! Your Majesty !'' Robelia shouted in despair.

''I am the Empress of this Empire! I am the mother of all people and the only companion of His Majesty! But how can you throw me away like this?''

The hem of a layered dress and long red hair was scattered over the cold marble floor. Tears ran endlessly over both cheeks. The man reflected in her green eyes, Alexander Grandia Kshayarsha Le Castilla, stood on the podium, backlit by the moonlight, looking down at her with relentless eyes. His dark hair and brown skin looked endlessly cold in the moonlight.

''Don't be conceited, Robelia. I've never acknowledged you as my only companion.'' His low-mid bass voice resonated throughout the hall. ''You've forgotten the existence of Queen Aisha.''

''Hah, but... she is just a concubine. I'm the only one who is truly your truest companion!''

''Concubine? Ha!'' Alexander laughed. It was obvious ridicule, so Robelia's face was distorted with a mess.

''You're still under a tremendous illusion, Robelia. What's the point of being the previous Empress that I had taken away with a single finger?''

''Well, that...!'' Robelia was cut short.

''It's such a shame that a woman like you can't follow Aisha's footsteps, only believing in her status as the empress, and greedy for a seat next to me.''

Empress Aisha came next to Alexander, her long black hair and black eyes, unique honey-colored skin color. She looked down at Robelia with her eyes mixed with sympathy and embarrassment, then buried her face on Alexander's shoulder, Alexander hugged Aisha's waist tightly and said proclaiming.

''You were only an ornament to borrow the power of the Duchy of Blanchett, Robelia. I have never cherished or loved you, and in the future, those feelings are only for Aisha.''

''Sire...please!'' Robelia screamed. But Alexander who had already turned his back never looked back at her even once. He had just left her. Robelia collapsed miserably, crying endlessly. Foolishly, she finally realized. That there's nothing she can do to change his mind.

. . . . .

''...ahhh! I'm so frustrated, I want to die!'' I was angry and threw my phone on the sofa. ''What the hell is she doing?! Why doesn't she just dump him and live alone?!''

I was reading a romance fantasy novel. The title is 'Flower from this World'. The heroine who moved from Korea to the Empire became the Empress, and she eventually won the Emperor's love.

It was a very common story plot, but I really couldn't understand one thing.

Although it was a political marriage without love, I didn't like the Emperor who came to the Empress and pulled her out like a studded stone from a piece of jewelry.

 For reference, Empress Robelia suffered in a cold room where her husband did not even look back while he and his mistress became more and more fond of each other and Robelia slowly died with her decreasing health.

So did that Emperor regrets it? No! When the Empress got more ill, he was excited to elect his mistress as the next empress!

''I have never seen such a motherf**ker in this world!'' I cursed aloud. ''I don't know what crime Robelia was guilty of. But from what I can see, Robelia's only sin was for loving that sh*tty Emperor!''

Why would you wait for a person like him to look back and give you his affection? I really couldn't understand.

I really felt sorry for Robelia who couldn't slap the mistress like a common evil woman, couldn't spill her black tea on the mistress's dress, or punch the male lead on the face at least once but just suffered a lonely death.

''These trashy protagonists. They will be cursed by Robelia. Let's see how well you live and eat!'' I grumbled as I looked at the clock. It was already approaching 3 am. I am a graduate student who started a new project a while ago and I had to finish working on it. 

''Phew yeah, this story isn't important as my sleep now, let's just go to sleep,'' I mumbled as I picked up my phone and headed to my bed.

. . . . .

I think it was a while ago when I went to sleep...shouldn't I wake up now?

''Your Majesty, the Emperor has given you permission to see him,''

Where am I? My head was sore, I touched my forehead. While I was doing that, the maids were constantly chatting beside me. I was just an ordinary Korean graduate student and I think I just fell asleep while reading 'Flower from this World' but when I opened my eyes, I am here in a large room?

A huge room filled with antique and colorful furniture, each door was emblazoned with grand imperial design and the passing ladies wearing Rococo style dresses. Yes, it was the Castile Empire, the Empire from that novel.

Is this a dream? Here I was getting treated normally as an Empress, the figure that stared back at me from the mirror was quite different to me. Gorgeous red hair, white pale skin, and sad deep green eyes. It was a beautiful figure but it was skinny, shabby which showed how much it suffered through a long period.

''Oh my god...it's Robelia...''

There was no way I couldn't recognize her given how unhappy and angry I was for her last night.

At first, when I read the 'Flower from this World' I thought Robelia was just an insignificant sickly character with not much meaning I am taking that back so much right now.

But that wasn't the most important thing, I need to wake up so I won't be late for the research faculty!

I started to pinch my cheek, slap my face, I even asked the maid to hit me and throw cold water at my face but to no avail. The sun had gone down while I was trying to do everything I can to wake up and I finally had to admit it. 

This was not a dream.

Seriously? I like reading romance fantasy novels but to think I would possess a character from one? And not just anyone, it is as Robelia! A supporting character who meets her tragic end while hanging after the male lead who never loved her.

''If I was going to possess a character, couldn't it have been the female lead? Why Robelia?'' I muttered bitterly.

Although I left sorry for Robelia I still couldn't believe I was Robelia and about the fact that I would need to face such a pathetic ending. What kind of hell is this?

Suddenly the maids came to me. ''This is such good news, Your Majesty. How hard have you tried to meet His Majesty.''

''It is true, you have been waiting for two weeks Your Majesty.'' another maid spoke.

''We will make you look beautiful!'' 

His Majesty? Do they mean the Emperor? His wife just wanted to see him, but I can't believe he made her wait two weeks?!

Honestly, I didn't want to meet him, he was the one who made Robelia's life like a horrible nightmare. However, it is dangerous to call the Emperor to meet with you and cancel the appointment on the same day, so I need to think of a plan.

''Wait...''

At that time, suddenly something flashed through my head. A perfect way to escape this hellhole!

Okay, I'll just meet him. Being determined I spoke in Robelia's voice.

''Make me look fine,''

''Yes, Your Majesty!'' answered the maids happily. They looked like they sincerely hoped that the Emperor would like Robelia. But from now on I will make sure to achieve the opposite of that, although I feel a little sorry for them.

Filling my head with thoughts, I entrusted myself to them and after two hours of dressing up, we were ready to head to the central palace where the Emperor was. The Emperor had told me that he would be waiting for me in his office. Not in a bedroom nor a reception room, an office room.

I laughed sarcastically. Robelia and the Emperor didn't even eat dinner together since in the Emperor's point of view he didn't even want to eat a meal with Robeila instead would meet with her once in a while to satisfy her. 

I wasn't going to complain though, the office was a good place to quickly talk and leave. Plus, unlike Robelia I wasn't interested in the Emperor and I didn't want to see him too long. The guards opened the door as I entered.

''You are here,''

The man who was waiting inside was beautiful. Straight black hair, elastic brown skin, his eyes shining golden like that of a beast, wide shoulders, and a perfect body that was covered by his robes. He was so handsome I had even stopped breathing and he was the only thing I could see in that space and moment.

But it doesn't matter, how handsome I find him, he is someone else's man.

''Why did you call for me Robelia?'' His face was full of arrogance and languid boredom, he looked like he had no doubt that Robelia had always craved love from him and came to do so today as well.

I looked at him with sharp eyes. I wasn't just waiting around before coming to see him. If this situation is not a dream but a reality, I have to grasp my situation and the most important thing about a new environment is to gain information. I asked the maids to tell everything they knew, careful to not look obvious and raise suspicion. 

It is still the beginning of the novel, where it has only been half a year since Aisha had arrived at the palace and Alexander had just started showing his interest in her.

Although their relationship was yet to be called love, it clearly would soon be though since Alexander is the male lead who is like a bulldozer who doesn't realize his feelings at the beginning but ends up pursuing it at the very end.

I didn't want the magnificent position of Empress just to be overwhelmed by the cold and my future disease. It was not my taste to remain as the Emperor's wife after being treated like trash.

While I was thinking to begin talking, he opened his mouth.

''Today the atmosphere is different from usual, what kind of a change in heart is this?'' Alexander's golden met mine.

''Nothing Your Majesty, I am just awestruck by you, that's all,'' 

''Hah, is that so. So what is there that you wanted to talk to me about?'' He asked.

''I came to tell you...''

I finally brought out the words that I have honed countless times to make sure I can pierce him sharply as possible.

''Please Divorce me, Your Majesty.''