"Now that you've finally left you say it's because of the abuse but you know that's not true. It's because you have no more fight left Naala," Dess finished. "Now I'm not here to judge you, but you need to make things right,"

"How?" Naala sighed sitting on the edge of her bed. "I hear you Dess, trust me I do but Amir doesn't want us to make things right."

"Then you tell the judge," Dess shrugged. "You have the resources, you just need to learn how to use them,"

Naala thought about everything Dess had just said and she couldn't find a fault. Dess was right, she was hiding behind the idea of the abuse than the truth, she never wanted to leave him.

"Thank you," Naala breathed out. "For everything, you've really been a true friend and I don't have many of those," Naala added.

"You're a good person Naala, people have taken advantage of that but I'm not like that," Dess replied with a smile. "Plus you're my sister wife now, no getting rid of you,"

Naala broke out into a big smile and walked over to her, hugging her as tight as her stomach would let her.

"Maybe no more shopping?" Naala muttered when they pulled apart.

"I think that's a good idea," Dess laughed kicking one of the shopping bags to the side.

~~

Dave opened the door wide enough for Naala to step into the house. He was holding Mariah on his shoulder, who was half asleep.

"Her heads slipping," Naala pointed out when she was in the house. Dave cut his eyes at her and then proceeded to fix her head on his shoulder.

"Saint isn't ready to leave yet," Dave spoke looking Naala up and down. She was sporting an all in one jumpsuit, with an oversized baby blue varsity jacket. On her feet, were her baby blue Nike Dunks. She had her hair down and the ends slightly curled.

Naala looked good and Dave couldn't help but to stare at her round stomach.

"That's okay, I wanted to talk to you first," Naala said softly, "Can I sit?" She pointed to the couch.

"This was your house, you picked this couch out," Dave reminded her making Naala look around awkwardly. She didn't see this as her home, she saw it as her hell.

"I forgot how good pregnancy looked on you," Dave addressed her, shifting Mariah in his arms.

"What's her name?" Naala asked changing the subject.

"Mariah Sophia Brewster," Dave answered proudly, rubbing her head.

Naala looked away from him, she felt strange. He had used the exact same initials they decided on for Malia, those were going to be the initials they used for any children they had after her.

"Nice," Naala mumbled. "Anyway, I wanted to discuss joint custody,"

"Ain't gonna happen," Dave shut her down immediately. "I don't trust you enough for that, sorry,"

"But I've proved to you that I'm capable. I go to therapy twice a week, I stay on my meds." Naala defended herself.

"When was the last time you heard the voices?" Dave asked with a raised eyebrow. When Naala took long to answer he got exactly what he knew he would. "That's exactly why they're with me,"