1

10/13/2021

NAHEE POV

I was sleeping peacefully on my bed, like a pretty princess, in my own dreamland, until I felt someone shaking the living life out of me. Yep, it was my roommate.

"Yah you lazy ass bitch, get up!" Sora yelled, continuing to shake me constantly, until I eventually fell off the bed, my butt hitting the wood floor. God, that hurt.

"You little rat, you are going to pay for that big time!" I quickly got up and took one of my slippers, chasing Sora out of my room, all the way to the kitchen.

"OW! NAHEE THAT WAS SO LOUD WHAT THE FU-" "HUSH!" I shushed her, gently pushing her to the side and getting some stuff out of the fridge to make breakfast. She wakes me up for one of two reasons: she's either hungry and wants food, or she's bored. In this case, it's the food.

I'm in charge of cooking because I genuinely like to do it. However, my mood changes on that opinion if I'm forced to cook, like in this situation. I would much rather just cook whatever I want, instead of cooking for others.

I'm actually self-taught, and I observed from my parents. Being in the kitchen was what brought them together. My mom was a chef, and my dad was a baker. It's honestly adorable, I aspire to have a relationship like theirs.

Anyways, I'm Lim Nahee. I like cooking and baking, and chocolate is my best friend. Along with Sora, but at times she can be such a brat - it's irritating.

"I want muffins today," Sora put her chin on her hands as she sat at the table. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around. "Sora, you just had them yesterday. That's unhealthy missy," I told her, and being the brat she is, she just rolled her eyes.

"I know, but I want muffins," she spoke again, and I didn't even listen to her. I'm going to make what I want today, and she's going to eat it, whether she likes it or not. I need to teach that little rat a lesson today.

I took out some eggs, milk, bread, and some spices along with some veggies, and I started to prepare the food. Sora was clearly confused and upset that I wasn't making what she wanted, but I could honestly care less.

After a while, I gave what I call my "EggWich" to Sora in a plate, and her faced changed into disgust. She hates eggs.

"You've got to be kidding me," Sora looked up at me, and I just smiled. "Bon appétit bitch," I playfully winked at her, grabbing my own EggWich and devouring the tasty goodness.

"I am not eating this," she crossed her arms, a pot visible on her face. "You are eating that, one way or another. You know the rules," Sora groaned and sighed, her chin on the table like a sad puppy.

"No food goes to waste," she mumbled, picking at the egg of her EggWich. "Hey, at least try it. You'll never know if you like it or not if you don't," I nudged her shoulder. "But I don't like eggs!" Sora whined, and at this point I was so fed up with this woman, so I just shoved the entire thing into her mouth.

She couldn't even speak at first, but as she kept chewing, her eyes widened more. "What kind of sorcery is this, what the hell," she muttered, stuffing the rest in her mouth. "It's called listening to me, you dimwit," I smacked her head,  taking both dishes and putting them in the sink.

"Hey Nahee, since it's a weekend today, can we walk around the city?" Sora asked me, and I chuckled, nodding my head. She jumped from the chair, running to her room to get dressed, while I did the same.

After getting ready in a cream colored turtleneck with some black jeans, along with some boots and a chocolate brown coat, and a pearly white bow in my hair to top it off, I was set. Sora was finishing up some things with her makeup, and we were good to go. I made sure to lock the apartment before we left.

When we went outside, a big whiff of air hit our faces, our hair going everywhere. I was laughing while Sora was frustrated. "Here, let me help," I readjusted a few hair strands, putting everything back in place. "Thanks Nahee," Sora replied, and with that, we went off into the city of Seoul, walking around like two best friends normally would.

As we were walking, I was just taking in my surroundings. The cold weather that makes your teeth chatter, the little bits of snow around, people walking in and out of stores or cafés, but it was peaceful. It was perfect.

"Nahee, Nahee! Look at this!" Sora dragged me to a sign, and I didn't think too much of it until I actually read it. It was a sign to join a prestigious culinary school, and the best chef in Seoul would be teaching.

"Seriously? I'm just an amateur, I would never get in," I shook my head, but Sora wasn't giving up that easily. "Come on Nahee, at least try it. You'll never know if you'll like it or not," she made that sentence very clear, as I said it to her this morning. Glaring at her for a bit, I finally agreed to sign up.

"Fine, but only because you want me to," Sora jumped and clapped her hands. "You're gonna be the best student there! Plus, I heard that the chef that is teaching is like- super cute. It's about time you find someone, granny is getting old- HEY!" I smacked her arm hard, making Sora wince in pain. "You shut your little bubblegum dumb dumb lookin ass up," I rapped that sentence out, in order to shut Sora up. 

"Hi, I'd like to sign up for the spot in the culinary school please," I politely asked the person at the booth for signing up. "Ah yes, please sign here," the elderly woman pointed to a spot on the roster, where I quickly jotted down my personal information.

"Since you have signed up, on October 22, you will be competing against other students who have signed up. If you win, you automatically get to go to the culinary school and meet Mr. Kim," the woman spoke, and I was listening intently while Sora went to go look at some of the pastries they had.

"Alright. That's fine, thank you for letting me know," I shyly smiled at her, leaving to go look for the child. Yes, it's Sora.

"Nahee look, it's those donut things you showed me!" Sora flashed the yummy looking dessert at me before eating it. "I'm pretty sure that's an eclair Sora," I chuckled while wiping a bit of cream off of her face. "Come on, let's go home," I held her hand as we walked across the street, back to our apartment.

While Sora was enjoying her eclair, thoughts of the so called "competition" were running through my mind. What if I don't do well? What if I make a fool of myself? Is this "Mr. Kim" going to be there? Why am I even thinking about this so hard? I didn't even want to do it anyway. Just go, do whatever, and come back. Then you can play "Royale High" with Sora all you want, until your phone starts heating up.

I didn't even realize we reached our apartment, and Sora was banging her head on my arm. I stopped zoning out, unlocked the door, and Sora went running to her room like that one guy. What's his name? Ahh, Naruto.

I set my bag down and took of my coat, hanging it on one of the hangers, and bringing my body to the couch. I was a bit nervous, not gonna lie. What's Mr. Kim going to be like?

_________________________________