Chapter 3

The next day 

Mads POV 

I woke up with soreness in my stomach and so many thoughts in my head. Benny was so sweet to carry me home, but I couldn't help thinking about how we almost had a moment. If Scotty wouldn't have came home Benny would have would've kissed my cheek. I just don't know if he really likes me or was it a spur of the moment situation. I need to forget about it and go play baseball. 

Bennys POV 

Yesterday was crazy. I couldn't stop thinking about what Smalls said and the fact that I almost kissed Mads on the cheek. I wonder if what's Smalls said was true but I wonder if I was to do something about it, it would be to soon. I'll decide after we play ball. 

Mads POV 

I get to the sandlot and sat in the dugout. They boys were playing then it was my turn to bat. I swung and hit the ball. As I was running I noticed the ball go over the fence and I hit a home run. When I was running home Benny ran to be picked me ups, spun me around and said "you just hit your first home run, I'm so proud of you". We quickly let go once we remembered that we were around the boys. We all left and went home. Benny ran after me and said " you were really amazing today" then he kissed me on the cheek. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.