【22】

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔤 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔬

-

the sun had set. the time for the wedding to begin would be now.

"miss fujiwara, the ceremony is starting now. are you ready?" a woman walked in, she seemed old enough but not elderly.

"yes, let's get this over with" i stated.

she grabbed me and gently pulled me away. we walked through the corridors and headed to the backdoor. she halted before continuing to go outside.

"you can have 5 minutes to yourself, afterwords i'll come back again and give you up to the zenin clan" 

she left me in this small room, the walls were painted white--it felt empty in here. then again it was just me, no furniture or paintings were on the walls.

"are you excited?" i heard an annoyingly recognizable voice.

"why are you here?" i asked.

"i work with them remember, it hasn't been that long ago that we last heard from each other has it?" he chuckled.

"aren't you suppose to be some sort of assassin?" i turned to glare at him.

"yeah well they at least give me free health insurance" he stuck his tongue out at me.

i rolled my eyes in disgust.

"go away toji, you're the second to last person i don't want to see" i snapped.

"are you always this bitter around exes?" he stomped over towards me.

"i've had one ex and he was at least nice enough to ignore me properly" i huffed.

"yikes, i'm the second ex? that's so sweet of you" he tried touching me with his hand over my cheek but i slapped his hand away.

"you're not my friend! you're nothing to me now! you've constantly betrayed me. and you betrayed your own family. how low can you possibly go, toji fushiguro" i turned away from him. (NOT A LIMBO DANCE MOVE REFERENCE!)

toji's little devilish smile faded into a scowl.

"you're getting angry at the wrong guy. at least i didn't force you to marry me" he rolled his eyes.

i glanced down at the floor with the reality hitting once again.

i'll get married soon, in 3 minutes exactly. i'll either die unhappily or die from murder. i'll never see megumi again, i never got the chance to tell him i really feel.

tears escaped my eyes. toji walked up to me, carefully lifting my head towards him. he saw the awful look in my eyes i had and tilted his head. he wrapped his arms around me and embraced me one last time.