【8】

𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔬𝔟𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔳𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 (TW: abuse and blood violence)

-

i sat on the large blanket that i laid out on the sand and waited patiently for those 2 to return. my hands were clammy and sweaty, i hid my face tucked into the ridge of my knees. there were so many people here. it felt weird being the only one wearing a long sleeve and my sleeping shorts. everyone here is in their swim suit or at least properly prepared for the beach. this was so last minute i barely had time to change.

"hey megumi" i heard someone call me out.

i turn, meeting eyes with keiko and her bare skin. my jaw dropped. she approached me and sat beside me, just a few centimeters away.

"i'm gonna go swim some laps. get my exercise done for the day. you wanna join me megumi?" dad asked.

"i'm good" i groaned. he rolled his eyes and left to the beach.

i turned to keiko who was in the same position as i was before i saw her. she seemed uncomfortable.

"hey, everything okay? i told you he won't cheat on you--"

"no. . .it's not that" she began blushing.

"then?" i asked.

"i accidentally got this bikini a size too small. now my skin is more exposed than i wanted it to be. and well. . .everyone stared at me like some odd unknown creature who got washed up on the shore" she sulked.

"oh c'mon don't be so dramatic" i smiled smugly.

the fact that i said that made the situation worse instantly made me regret even talking. she closed herself from the public and began sniffling. the pit at the bottom of my stomach began to growl aggressively.

"i'm sorry. i didn't want you to cry. i'm just trying to say is you look fine. i don't think appearances make you good looking. we're all build differently; it doesn't make us ugly or unhealthy. beauty is different for a lot of people" i tried calming her down.

a part of me wanted to reach out for her and give her some support. another part of me was holding me back from even flinching. my mind was racing and my heart was beating so loud i could hear it. i've never been close to girls--let alone ones that date my dad. so i'm not sure how women like to be comforted.

"i don't understand what made your dad want to date me in the first place" she sniffled not as often now. i guess what i said made her feel a bit better.

"how did you guys even start going out?" as much as i did not want to hear this answer, i'm sure it's gonna make her fell better.

"it's funny," she sniffled with a small chuckle. "he asked me to meet him at the café we met at a couple weeks back. and he was being really sweet despite how i scolded him for how he treated you. he ended up sweeping me off my feet. before i knew it--he asked me out. it was a beautiful day"

 it was a beautiful day"