【5】

𝔲𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰

"what the hell is your deal?" i scolded her.

"i'm sorry! i know it was out of nowhere but, when i saw what i saw i had to rescue them. they were gonna drown and die megumi!" she shouted.

"they're just dogs! so many of them die just from being born!"

"who the hell makes you the judge of who dies and lives!?" 

"no one does! but just because two measly weak dogs were going to get murdered doesn't mean you get to risk your life for them! how stupid are you to throw your life away like that!"

"i'm stupid for trying to save a couple of dogs? i'm stupid because i want them to live? what makes their lives so much worse than mines? they could of been through hell before we reached them and now they're here because we saved them!" she went on.

"how ignorant are you? if i would of died then would it really matter? i know you hate me? but you saved me anyway--and the dogs! so you can't sit here and scream at me about hating me when it's clearly not how you really feel!" tears were coming down her face. her lips quivered and her nose began reddening.

"excuse me? are you accusing me of liking you?" i narrowed my eyes at her.

"yes megumi, you don't hate me. you love--"

"what!? are you delusional? why would i--"

"you do don't you!? you love me and you can't stop thinking about me. you keep putting ideas into your head that i'm the worst person in the world and i should just die but you won't let me, because you love me!" she began getting angry at me.

"hold on, i never said tha--"

"stop pretending you're better than everyone and realize the truth!!" she growled.

"what truth?" i asked.

"that you're in love with me" she whispered.

-

i gasped. my eyes shot open as i looked at my surroundings. i was alone, on my couch at my apartment. was it all a dream? it felt so real. i put my palm to my face, feeling it damp. i looked at my hand, seeing it smell of old canned meat.

i looked down under my couch--seeing two eyes piercing at me. it's one of the dogs.

"good morning" i heard a small voice from the kitchen.

my eyes tried following where her voice was coming from. i was still sleepy so my vision was a bit blurry. i finally fixated on her figure until my vision cleared up.

i saw her standing by the fridge, with her hands behind her holding something; she faced the floor and had the most embarrassed look in her eyes.

"g-good morning" i stammered.

she walked over to me and took out a bag of heart shaped sugar cookies. she shoved them in my face and averted her eyes from me.

"h-here. i made you breakfast. as a way to apologize for going to the trouble of saving us" she wouldn't stop blushing.

 as a way to apologize for going to the trouble of saving us" she wouldn't stop blushing