Chapter 21

As I sat in my third period history class next to an unbelievably quiet Tyler, I can't help but wonder what the hell he has been wanting to talk to me about these past few days. I know that he might like me, but if I can't reciprocate those feelings back to him, how am I going to have a none - awkward friendship with him?

Before I know what I'm doing, my mouth is opened and words are flowing out.
'What have you been needing to tell me, Tyler?'

'Nothing,' He says, not making eye contact with me. His eyes are focused on the video playing at the front of the room.

'You know you can tell me anything right ? You can tell me what's going on-'

'I said nothing!' Tyler roars, causing heads to turn our way. After a couple of uncomfortable stares and gestures, Tyler sighs and storms out of the room.

The teacher calls after him, but Tyler carries on walking. What just happened? Am I seeing things? After battling my morals, I sigh and follow Tyler out of the room, ignoring the remarks leaving my history teachers mouth.

'Tyler, wait!' I shout after him as he rushes down the hall.

'Tyler!' I scream, knowing that I am disturbing the other classes. This makes him stop, his fist curling and uncurling and his breathing heavy.

'Please wait,' I beg as I slowly approach him.

I move in front of him, holding his arm to stop him from marching off again.

'Tyler, please talk to me. I know something's going on.' Tyler quickly pulls his arm out of my grip and shoves his hands into his pockets.

'You won't get it.'

'Try me,' I answer back, crossing my arms over my chest. I see him consider it before he opened his mouth to speak.

'What's going on?' I hear a voice behind me, and as I turn around to see who it is, my mood is completely lifted and everything around me is forgotten. Ferris stands behind me with a confused look on his face.

'Ferris, hey!' I say before turning back to Tyler. 'I was just talking to my friend.'

A small scoff leaves Tyler's lips.

'You're not my friend, Kaylee.'

What?!

'What?'
'You're not my friend, why would I- Why would anyone want to hang around with you?' He says too calmly, his hands still in his pockets.

Ouch. I thought he liked me. OH, who am I kidding, obviously he doesn't like me. Why would he? I'm nothing to him except someone whose feelings he can toy with. Tyler has no feelings for me, and I'm just making up this stupid fantasy in my head that every guy I encounter wants something with me.

'Ferris, are you ready to go?' I ask without breaking eye contact with Tyler.

'Do you not have another lesson?' He answers back.

'We'll be fine.' I say before taking one more look into Tyler's eyes and what I see staring back at me... I wish that I could unsee. I see detest and resentment. Without thinking, my hand grabs Ferris and I bring my lips to his, pulling my body closer to him. The sharp intake of breath behind me is the exact reaction I expected. Good.

Before letting go of Ferris, I quickly take a small bite of his lip, not knowing if that was the right thing to do. But the small moan that leaves Ferris' mouth tells me everything I need to know. I remove myself from Ferris' presence before taking his hand in mine and letting him lead the way. I tried my hardest to ignore the deep breathing that fades with every step I take and I try my hardest not to turn around and look at him one more time.