"Stop it," Elena yelled as the three of them walked in. Elena felt her heart lift at the fight she thought was about her. She smirked at the scene but quickly hid it hoping no one would notice.

But the original beside her did and frowned. He knew of the Petrovas' manipulative ways and knew that she was no different. He had also heard the argument due to his vampire hearing about both the Salvatore brothers having feelings for Tessa.

"Now you've invited him in?" Damon said, annoyed.

"Day," Tessa warned, "Behave."

"Elijah and I have renewed the terms of our deal," Elena said glaring at Damon when he looked at Tessa with eyes filled with relief and adoration. Adoration that was supposed to be only for her. 

"Really," Damon said frustrated.

"The two of you will come to no harm at my hands," Elijah said. "I only ask for one thing in return. An apology."

This made Tessa burst into laughter. "You-, you would have better luck," she said between her laughs, "draining the Mississippi with a straw." 

All three men snapped their heads at the sound of her melodic laughter, although she would disagree about the melodic part. She sounded like a dying crow when she laughed, something the three apparently adored.

"She's correct," Stefan commented smiling at the still giggling brunette. "I'm sorry for the part I played in your death."

"The sacrifice is happening Damon," Elena said when she saw Damon scowling, "Bonnie will kill Klaus without hurting herself and Elijah knows how to save my life. I told you I'd find another way. And I did."

"Is that true?"

"It is," Elijah answered.

"And you're trusting him?" Damon asked Elena.

"I am," he looked at Tessa who shrugged at Elena's answer.

"You can all go to hell," he said before walking out. 

"He's angry with me, right now. But he'll come around."

"So, what was the fight about?" Tessa asked as she jumped on the couch in Stefan's room. "Actually don't answer that. I know." 

He had also stormed into his room leaving Elena, Elijah, and Tessa alone. After having a long conversation with Damon about not killing his brother, she decided to speak to her other best friend.

"I called him a monster. But I'm the same," Stefan sighed.

"No," Tessa scowled. "You're not a monster. And neither is he."

"Te-,"

"Shut up. I don't understand why you call yourself a monster. Sure, you've killed people. And you've done some bad things, but you're not evil. And you're not a monster. And instead or remaining on this weird vegan bunny diet, you need to learn to control Stef."

Tessa grabbed a knife and cut her palm. 

"Tessa, leave," Stefan said as veins started to grow around his eyes.

"Come on, Stef. You know you want to," she said as she got closer to him. 

He sped to her and roughly bit onto her wrist making her yelp. 

After a couple of seconds, Tessa knew she needed to make him stop. 

"Stefan, that's it. That's enough," she said as she winced when he bit harder. 

"Stefan," she tried again.

Elijah and Damon had both heard her and sped inside Stefan's room. Damon was about to run to stop Stefan but was stopped by Tessa raising her hand. "Day, wait."

"Stefan, you're going to kill me if you continue," she said calmly. 

He gasped as he ripped himself off of her, blood covering his jaw. He looked at her guiltily, with tears in his eyes.

"Stefan," Elena gasped as she looked at her boyfriend in fear and disgust.

Knowing Stefan did not deserve to see the cruel look in her eyes, she held his face in her hands and made him look at her. Her heart clenched at the self-hatred and guilt in his eyes.

"You didn't kill me, Stefan. You fed on me, and I'm still alive. You're not a monster, you just need to learn to control. You're okay," she whispered.

He didn't say anything. He just hugged her tight, burying his face in the crook of her neck, not caring about the blood that was now staining her clothes. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Thank you. Thank you Tes," he mumbled in her neck.

Elena glared at her, while the other two vampires looked at her like she was an angel, which she technically was.