Tessa flinched again at the use of her full name. She absolutely hated the use of it, it reminded her of her mother's punishments. "Because I think I might be one. And it's Tessa."

"What do you mean you might be one?"

"I bumped into two guys yesterday night, and one started to freak out cause I could see him. And then he basically mumbled some bullshit about me having something called the Sight and then threw this object thing at me. And as I caught it, it turned into this glowing laser sword thing, which was super cool by the way, and he said something about me being a Shadowhunter and then they just ran away for no reason," Tessa said.

"Shadowhunters are half-angel and half-human," he started making her frown, "They protect humans from demons."

"Demons? Like vampires?" Tessa questioned as they strolled towards the fountain.

"No, they call vampires Downworlders. They have peace treaties with the downworlders. Demons have pure demon blood, they're disgusting little creatures if you ask me."

"Do you know what this," Tessa paused as she took out the sketch she made of the boy's tattoo, "is?"

"It's an Angelic Power rune. It is one of the Marks given to the Nephilim by the Angel Raziel ."

 "Wow, okay. So I might be a Shadowhunter and there is a chance my father knew about it," she groaned out.

"Your father?"

"Yeah, I remember seeing this rune thing's design on the cover of one of his books."

"Is it weird that I'm not surprised?" Tessa continued. "That this is all just weirdly normal. Like I'm an angel warrior? Okay cool. My best friend is going to be sacrificed? Eh normal." She chuckled.

"I do apologize about you being dragged into the supernaturals, Theresa-,"

"It's Tessa. My name. It's not Theresa," Tessa snapped. 

"I'm sorry, Tessa," Elijah corrected himself, a small frown etched on his face at her uneasiness. 

"Tell me," Elena's voice boomed as she ran towards the duo.

At the Salvatore Boarding House

"Tired of your plaything already?" Stefan asked as Andie walked out of the door with a frown on her face.

"Don't start with me, Stefan," Damon sighed, his anger and worry for Tessa flaring. "She's just my distraction."

"Distraction from Elena? Thank you, Damon, for being in love with my girlfriend."

"Not from Elena, Stef. But you're welcome, for not going after the person you really want."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, that's okay Stefan, you always were slow," he said getting up from the couch. "I'll sum it up in one little world. Tessa."

Stefan swallowed as he shook his head to deny it. But they both knew how they felt.

"I don't-,"

"Sure you don't. You just have to want the one thing that I have, don't you? You couldn't stand that Tessa is the one person that cares about me more."

"She's not yours, Damon."

"Yes, but you can't stand that she's not yours either, can you?"

Stefan sped to Damon and threw him across the room.

"She's never going to love a monster like you, and you know it," Stefan snarled as they bought fought it each other.