Chapter 14 (Part 1)

"Why? What am I doing?" She asked, chewing chips lazily with a frown.

"What did you tell her that made her tear up? How dare you bully-" He clenched his fist as he stared at her coldly.

"How is that bullying? I just told her how we ran into each other at the door." She tittered, looking at him as if he was a crazy and disgusting bug, "Who knows? maybe she watched Snowdrop and Youth of May last night." She said, clicking her tongue annoyingly.

A/N: Youth of may and Snowdrop are one of the best k-dramas. definitely, a happy ending drama that you can't help but cry because of joy 😄

"Y-You!" He pointed his index finger at her with an icy glare.

Han Yunzhi had her fists ready to beat him and stood up, and so did Li Jingyan.

Han Yaoyao's voice then broke out, interrupting their fierce interaction.

"Li Jingyan, stop! Will you? my cousin's not doing anything to you!" She defended Han Yunzhi with a cute but fierce face.

Han Yunzhi had a victorious smile on her face as she sat back on the black cushion, 'This is what I love about her! she always defends me!'

Li Jingyan felt his heart sour, seeing his beloved hurt. He was helpless but he couldn't continue the argument because it looked unreasonable to everyone.

He kept his mouth shut and sat beside Han Yaoyao.

Everyone was a little confused and shocked.

Han Yunzhi had always liked Li Jingyan.

But now, they see Han Yunzhi returning Li Jingyan's cold attitude with a middle finger.

A/N: Yass, Queen! Slayyyyy

Su Ziwei then clicked her tongue, crossing her legs, "Anyways, It's not like she's your girlfriend or something!" She and Nan Yuyu then gasped, faking a shocked look, "Or is she?" Nan Yuyu sneered.

Hu Aotian and Ru Tian were slightly worried and nervous.

Since they were the first ones to know about their relationship.

Hu Aotian turned to Su Ziwei, annoyed, "Su Ziwei! Stop speaking nonsense! There's no such thing!" He glared at Han Yunzhi and her friends. Tiny beads of sweat formed on his forehead.

Nan Yuyu smiled at him.

She took out her handkerchief from her bag and gently wiped Hu Aotian's sweat. He was stiff and astonished as she wiped it harshly.

"Why are you sweating? Is it hot in here? It's freezing here as the air conditioners were set to 23 degrees low. What made you nervous? Lying?" She spoke with a calm but chilling tone.

Han Yunzhi was a little puzzled by Nan Yuyu's action, 'System? what are these friends of Han Yunzhi doing?'

[I don't know! You better stop them before everyone attacks the female lead.]

Li Jingyan's friends were pissed and nervous.

Li Jingyan wanted to shut Nan Yuyu's mouth. But he could only do nothing.

If he does, it will prove her right.

Ru Tian chuckled and shook his palms, "of course not. How could we lie to you?" He was a little reluctant to say the last word.

Nan Yuyu went back to her seat, chuckling.

She shook her hand at them and said with a cheerful tone. "What are you all guys nervous about? I'm just joking!"

Her laugh rang inside the room as they all followed suit.

"Don't joke like that in the future. Everyone might misunderstand." Li Jingyan spoke gently but had a hint of coldness.

Her friends brushed it off with a scoff and started a conversation that continued for hours to hours with no end.

Nan Yuyu and Su Ziwei were having interesting talks with their other friends, laughing from time to time as they clink glasses of beer and wine.

While Han Yunzhi on the other side was looking at the clock as the arms slowly rotate.

She taps her feet in anticipation, waiting for the time to pass. Not even bothering to join in with her friends drinking and chatting.

Jake Gu tapped the mic to catch everyone's attention and said, "Hey, who would sing next? Show me your talent!"

Li Zixi happily took the mic from him, chose a song, and then started singing. Her voice flowed melodiously from her lips as she sang angelically.

Han Yunzhi remained in her own world despite Li Zixi's trying to raise her voice higher so Han Yunzhi gets to notice her.

Li Zixi finished the song with a disappointed look as she sat next to Han Yunzhi.

"Zhi'er!" She gently shook Han Yunzhi's arms, but Han Yunzhi remained unfazed.

"Why aren't you not jamming with me? I was unhappy that you weren't.." Li Zixi spoke coquettishly disappointed.

Han Yunzhi looked at the clock with a straight face, "Dang it! When will 12:00 am come?" She whispered under her breath, looking annoyed.

"Why? What's up with 12 o'clock?" Li Zixi tilted her head from wonder.

Li Zifeng shook his head hearing his sister, 'She's up to no good! I'm sure of it..." He looked at Han Yunzhi's face who was seriously paying attention to the clock.

Han Yunzhi could feel eyes locked into her figure. She was pretending not to notice Li Zifeng's burning gaze that landed on her the moment she walked into the room.

'Just why is he staring at me? Shouldn't he be focusing himself on the female lead?' She felt annoyed inside

"Will I wait for years just for the clock to strike 12?" She muttered to herself with brows scrunched.

"What did you say?" Li Zixi asked.

Han Yunzhi shook her head and answered, "Nothing."

"To ease our boredom, how about we play truth or dare?" Han Miao Yi suggested.

Thrilled gasps echoed throughout the room.

They all agreed to play while Han Miao Yi kept looking at Han Yunzhi's dazed bored face.

"Zhi'er, do you want to join?" There were moments of silence before Han Yunzhi made eye contact with her and made a playful grin on her lips.

"I'm in."

Author's message: 

I feel so lazy and unmotivated that's why I don't update.

But last time, I saw a cute guy inside the modern jeepney while listening to 'Enchanted' by Taylor Swift on loop for an hour. I feel like wanting to update chapters. Nah! Don't mind me! I'm just living my Main Character Moment  😚

I thought I would be motivated enough, but yeah look at this short chapter that I have to cut into parts just because I feel so lazy to continue the whole long chapter 14 😭

That's all! Bye!