chapter 1

loving is easy- rex orange county

"i was all on my own
almost glad to be alone
until love came in on time, oh on time"

   there it was, your favorite snack. blueberry popsicles. it was basically medicine for all problems, and you were so glad it was sold in tokyo also.

you and your family just moved here from miyagi, where you attended karasuno high school. you were especially close with the volleyball team. the worst part was that you had to start when the school year already started.

aside from that, you were hoping to become the manager of the volleyball club at your new school. you loved volleyball and were pretty good at it. you never joined a high school team because you took an interest in being a manager.

you looked and see it's the last one in the freezer row, too.

you reached up to grab the delicious snack when you saw a hand touch the box at the same time. you looked up to see who the hand belonged to and saw a boy with dirty-blond hair smirking at your direction. he looked about your age and was wearing some sort of white, black, and yellow jacket.

he coughs sarcastically.

"erm, excuse me." you say. you tightened your grip on the box while pulling it closer.

"well, I actually grabbed it first, so I believe this belongs to me," he emphasized. he pulled the box closer to him as he continued to smile at me.

great, i love tug-a-war.

the boy smirks.

"um, no" i shouted at him.

"yes"

"NO"

"YES"

"NO"

"NO"

"YES- WAIT NO" you realized the trick that was played on you while he walked away with the box. it occurred to you that you let go of the box while he was talking.

that's how you win tug-a-war.

"bye, and thanks, I guess," he mumbles, still grinning.

for a few moments, you stood there dumbfounded, as they continued to pay for the blueberry popsicles.

"ok, let's try this again." you exhaled," those are mine. now would you give me my popsicles?"

"sorry, if you didn't notice, i just bought them. don't worry, milady, if i see you again, i'll get you a whole new box!" he says, "see you when I see you!"

he walks out the store door unwrapping one of the popsicles before you get to say anything.

damn, now my perfect pinterest girl night is ruined. guess i have to snack on cardboard.

    the thief, however, promised his dear friend popsicles after practice if he would be cooperative. it worked, so their team didn't lose the scrimmage. he needed those popsicles, but started to reconsider.

✿✿✿✿✿

sorry this chapter is boring but it will get better 💀

thank you so much for reading! <3
-dear author