Chapter Sixteen: A New Dream

Start from the beginning

I shook my head a little in confusion, wondering what was going on. How did this creature watch me? And what and how much did it see?

" Why?", I continued with my questions. I was only becoming more confused and creeped out as every answer furthers away from any reason for all this.

" You will know in time, sweet one. But for now... Wake up."

And so I did.

___________________________________

When my eyes opened I found myself back in my old bedroom in a nightgown that wasn't stained with blood as if nothing had happened. I looked down at my hands to see what state they were in this time. They were clean and only mortal human hands. No sign of any beastly details. I touched the corners of my lips. When I checked my fingertips for blood, there was no blood. Was last night just part of the dream? No, it couldn't have. It only would make it more confusing than it already was. Alucard must have done the work while I was asleep.

I felt my eyes begin to water, feeling helpless from everything that just happened. I lifted and bent my legs and held them there as I cried into my knees.

I lifted my head quickly when I heard the door suddenly, my tears had stopped coming in the meantime. Alucard was standing at the doorway, with folded clean clothes in one hand while the other held the door latch. He looked at me like he didn't expect me to wake up but at the same time, he didn't seem too surprised. He seemed mostly relieved.

A new tear must have left one of my eyes from how almost urgent he was when he left the door, set the clothes aside, then held me. His arms were strong but gentle as he held me. I couldn't help but lean in and held him back as I always did.

" Are you alright?", he asked close to my ear in a gentle tone.

I shook my head a no to him. How could I be? I was almost raped twice within only two months, every dream I had would include a red-hooded figure that would explain nothing to me in strange and dark places, I woke up covered in blood that did not belong to me in the middle of the night at the woods, and last night just when my mind was about to be settled with any bliss I end up becoming a beast of some kind. Though I could not blame him for asking. He was likely just as concerned as I was about this.

" Do you wish to talk about it?", I felt him start to stroke my long, dark auburn hair as he asked.

" Not today, Alucard.", I answered him in the simplest form.

" Alright", he pulled away slightly and held my cheek, he looked at me deeply in the eyes as he said," Tell me when you are ready.".

I nodded and managed to make a small smile for him. Every word he has ever given me was always kind and patient, it was almost hard to believe that he was capable of any kind of cruelty. Though any seemingly cruel act is never out of malice, so I suppose he doesn't have any or maybe it was yet to be seen.

" I will meet you in the kitchen when you are ready. I have a few things being cooked.", he told me. I nodded my head a yes in understanding. He smiled a little then our lips gently pressed against each other. We let each other go before he left the room. I got up off the bed and closed the door. I looked at the clothes he brought me and raised an eyebrow. These were not familiar.

I walk to the dresser only a few steps, picked up the clothes, and watched it unfold revealing itself as a long; dark blue gown with three silver-colored bands; one of for located ¾ of the way down the two sleeves and the third around the waist. I smiled since blue happened to be my favorite color.

___________________________________

After I put the new clothes on, I was anxious to meet with Alucard. An almost wide smile was on my face. But once I was in the main hall, my smiling disappeared. There were people in the castle, many people. "What on Earth are they doing here?", I wondered.