Hardin Chapter 30

Start from the beginning

"I don't wanna talk to her."

"Well after all the shit you told her, she deserves a call."

I turn to face him.

"How do you know what happened?"

He lightly laughs.

"Let's just say you talk a lot when you're drunk."

Fuck, now Zach knows that Tessa and I are fighting, this is all amazing.

"She's the last person I wanna talk to."

"Hardin you're so fucking stupid."

"Excuse me? Watch your mouth."

"Or what, you'll fight me. Grow up, Tessa would never cheat on you. I don't know why but she loves you, even when you guys were broken up she stayed faithful to you. Every night she would wake up screaming and crying out for you, she had nightmares that you died. All she ever did was talk about you, so for you to accuse her of cheating is fucking selfish."

I stand up and walk towards him.

"What the hell do you even know huh? Mind your damn business."

"NO! Tessa is a gift, and she chose you. I loved her and she fucking chose YOU! You treat her like shit and she deserves better! All you do is repeatedly hurt her, you fuck her and take her kindness and her smile and............you take everything good that she has to offer for granted. She deserves to be happy, and all you do is make miserable."

"You LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND!"

Panic flashes through his eyes.

"I did, not anymore."

"You piece of shit, she's mine Zach! She loves me!"

"You don't think I know that, I do. That doesn't mean that I still can't care about her, Tessa is special."

He sighs.

"I know she is, but you need to fucking understand that you can't have her. I'm in love with her, and yeah we fight and I say shit I probably shouldn't but that doesn't mean anything. I love her more than anything in this world and if you try anything I'll fucking kill you."

"Whatever, she's made it very clear that she doesn't want anything to do with me."

He sits down at the table.

"I know she's too good for me, everyone loves to remind me of how I'm a piece of shit. But you don't know how she makes me feel, and I have never been put first in my whole life. I get to be selfish this once."

"Hardin you're being too selfish, have you ever stopped to think how you make her feel? How all the fights and screaming affect her?"

I know he's right.

"It doesn't matter anymore, she wants someone else." I say under my breath.

"Jesus fucking Christ, HARDIN! She doesn't want anyone else, she fucking loves you! Tessa is so in love with you that it makes me sick, shut the fuck up and go apologize and hope that she forgives you for calling her a whore."

How much did I tell Zach last night, I wish I could remember what happened. Everything is so fuzzy and I can't piece my night together, god I feel like shit.

"Yeah well I don't feel like having a heart to heart with you right now, I feel like shit."

"Yeah well you look like shit too, you can stay in the room she stayed in until you wise up and go after her. I have work till 4, your keys are on the table. I parked your car in the back." He says.